Wednesday, January 14, 2009

WinterMuck!

Several weeks ago Tricia had a dream about the most dreaded time of year! In her dream this time of year even recieved a new title. WinterMuck! WinterMuck is the period of time from Jan. 2 to March. Many people suffer from SAD or Seasonal Affection Disorder. SAD is basically winter depression. Tricia suffers from it. I think it is mainly because her legs have to remain covered for so long! We were actually trying to determine if it was the cold, the inversion or maybe the lack of sunshine or even outdoor time, or if it could be the fact there is nothing to look forward too. No holidays, no big family get togethers... Nothing. Lonliness as far as the eye can see... on the calender hanging in my kitchen. So to conquer this hard time of year we are going to do a big WinterMuck celebration. Tricia is in charge so I expect we will have some shoe modeling with lots of leg! Just teasing. I think we are going to go snowmobiling and have a bonfire and more sledding. It will break up the long winter months! So plan on seeing the WinterMuck merchandise on shelves soon!

8 comments:

Tiffany said...

First of all, I love the name WinterMuck. Nextly, I think a celebration is a grand idea. Maybe I'll have one of my own...with shoe modeling.

Brenny said...

I, too, feel SAD when Trisha has to hide her legs. Actually, in the calendar in my mind, this is the 'dark' time. I totally understand about the WinterMuck. The celebration sounds like loads of fun! Plus you get to say Muck a lot. Muck Muck Muck.

Darren and I dissipate our WinterMuck with planning a trip to the Mountain West Conference. It is pretty consuming.

Robin Fisher said...

I am so there!

N8 said...

Nothing to look forward to between Jan 2 and March huh? I guess those of us that have Birthday's during that time know where we stand. Take that Alex. (I won't even mention how that statement makes you racist)

Angie said...

I party is a good idea. January and February can be very long.

Actually, I spend the first few weeks of January recovering from December, and feeling so glad that things at the bookstore have settled down. It's always so nice to be done with that rush. I feel a great relief. But then, yeah, it's a long time till spring.

Jacqui said...

Inversion. Ewww. That's enough to depress me for you. I'd forgotten about inversion.

Yes, a trip to the mountains will be perfect! Rise above it all!

A. said...

Winter Muck! Kelli I love the fact that Tricia blogs through you. It's a good thing she has you.

Todd and Melissa said...

I hate WinterMuck! It is the worst. I can't wait for April to get here . . .