Saturday, January 3, 2009

Christmas Day! And Night! and the Next Day!

Christmas Day was busy and wonderful! We did Christmas at home with the boys first and surprise!! Santa only left one lone gift on the floor this year and it saidthen inside was another box for Alex, and then one for Jonathan and so on and so forth (not that Aaron is "so on" and Josh "so forth" but I just didn't want to type the whole thing out). That worked (said sarcastically)! In Josh's box was a clue for Joe to go find and then Alex and so on and so forth (no I didn't skip Jonathan.) The final clue led them to another box which they unwrapped together!
Dave got a Wii!! I mean the boys got a Wii! They were thrilled!
They then unwrapped their presents from us... underwear, socks, books, "Mom always gives the same things!" and movies, games, toys "Dad gives the cool presents!" They needed socks and underwear in a bad way I promise!

We headed over to Mom's for Fish Breakfast at about 2! We should really rename it Fish Late Lunch! My Grandmother's family came from Wales and it is a Welsh tradition to have Fish on Christmas. Much to my husbands dismay. He often tries to convince us that he was from Italy and we should have pizza or something better than FISH! Unfortunately the boys agree with me!
We opened presents and went to Grandma's for fun with the extended family. After about an hour it started snowing in earnest so we had to cancel going to Mark and Brittneys for the Rollins family party. We missed seeing all of them and the fun there. We did follow Mitch home to make sure his car load got home safely. There was quite a bit of slipping and sliding but everyone made it back safe and sound!
Lucky for us we got to go to Dave's parents the next night for another fun party. It was nice to visit with them and Nate and Paul also! We are lucky to have such a wonderful extended family to celebrate the holidays with every year!
(I forgot to take my camera to all the parties this year!) sorry!

2 comments:

Brenny said...

I'm coming over the the dark side. I've been against getting any sort of video game because we waste enough time, but after playing Rock Band and American Idol, I'm hooked. I think the wii is a fabulous family game system.

Todd and Melissa said...

You guys are so lucky Santa brought you a Wii! When are we coming over to play? :)