Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Hurts

Warning! This is not a funny post. I am not suicidal just pondering deep stuff. Bear with me.

I know that there is a purpose for us being on this earth. I know that we were thrilled at the prospect of coming to earth and proving ourselves. I know that we were not afraid of the trials we would face. I know this. But man, sometimes it hurts.

I have been thinking of how sometimes it is more difficult to watch people you love go through their trials. It is a helpless feeling to watch your sister go through a horrible and life altering betrayal and the divorce that followed. It is so difficult to understand why someone you care about is not able to have children. It is devastating thing to see someone that you love lose a child. It has been so so hard to see my mother struggling with being a widow. Then there are those that you love and care for who haven't had the chance to be married yet and sometimes feel a bit alone or left out. There are countless trials that I haven't mentioned like illness, abuse, depression, job losses, children who abandon their families values and many more. Sometimes it just makes me sad to see so many I love hurt.

I wish I could do something to help make things right. I really can't do much more than pray and let them know that I love them and listen when they want to talk. I can cry with them and laugh with them and love them. I do love them and I hope that they know that my heart hurts with them.

7 comments:

Kim said...

How very uncanny of you to write this tonight. It's as if you picked the thoughts right of my brain. I really believe some of us chose these very trials before we came here. Surely it was to protect those we love from having to go through it themselves...and to think of what Jesus chose.......

Angie said...

Dear Kelly, you have such a good heart. Don't worry too much. People get through what they have to get through, and I'm sure that knowing you're there has helped them all.
Love you.

Angie said...

Kelli, I'm so sorry. I misspelled your name in that last post. What the heck? What a mistake.
Sorry again.

Brenny said...

You rock.

The Coolest Allen Family said...

It would be impossible for any of us to not know that you love us. You are a great strength!

Robin Fisher said...

Yeah, that is not my favorite part of this mortal experience.

Todd and Melissa said...

I agree with you 100 percent. You definitely have a big heart Kelli, and it's great knowing you're someone we can all count on! You lift me up, as well as many others.