Saturday, January 3, 2009

In Between!

We had a great week between holidays! Well I did. Dave had a huge project at work that went "live" on the 27th and has been working 12-18 hour shifts every day with one really horrendous 21 hour shift. So he has been persona non grata (does that mean not there) since the 26th. Having him work on Saturday and Sunday last weekend was very strange. It makes me kind of lose track of what day it is!
We had a great day of sledding with the cousins! The best part about it (for me) was we finally got to hang out with Sara! She was feeling well enough to venture out!

Andrew and Claire Sam and Alex after a great wipe out! Jonathan trying his hand at snowboarding Lauren hates B. Rad. She was not happy about him taking her down the hill!Aaron and Joe on a run! Jonathan and Adam getting ready to race. Adam won. Every time.

We also had a really fun night (thanks to Haley) at the Tru Golf Simulator! This thing is incredible! It sells for somewhere in the ballpark of $50,000 but it is truly amazing how true to life it really is! I am just as bad at the simulator as I am in real life so it must be real! It was fun to golf the Pebble Beach course with the fam! We also discovered that Alli is a natural golfer! Her brothers couldn't stop raving! My older 3 boys came and got some lessons from the Pros (B Rad, Andrew and Mitch)

Here is the view from the green looking back on the spectators! The hecklers in the crowd! The hecklers on the green! The boys watching how it is done!Mom! Alli addressing the ball "hello Mr. Ball!"

It was a really fun night for us all to be humbled by our lack of golfing skills!

2 comments:

Brenny said...

That's it. Alli needs to move here so she and I can be golf buddies. Maybe she can give me pointers because I'm not very good. I don't care if shes ever taken a lesson in her life, we can get all that practice in together!

The simulator looked like so much fun!

A. said...

"Mr. Ball, now listen close, I really need you to go that direction really fast."