Saturday, January 3, 2009

Best Man Ever!

Dave, aka, BME was born 40 years ago! His birthday was celebrated among all the hustle and bustle of Christmas Eve! However, I have done all these birthday tributes all this year and would be very negligent if I ignored his just because it is thrown in amongst the BUSIEST TIME OF YEAR!

So without further ado. I present to you "Ode to Dave"

Dave is a catch!
Dave is a find!
Without his contacts
He is blind!
~
I did not know
I could not tell
Having him for a husband
Would be more than swell!
~
Many called him quiet
And some thought him shy?
They looked at social Kelli
and then asked her Why?
~
He cooks the dinner
Does the dishes!
He cleans the toilets
Whenever I wishes!
~
To save the earth
He rides his bike!
Twenty-one miles!
In the dark I don't like!
~
He rarely complains
He sometimes pouts
He often annoys
And almost never shouts!
~
On those rare occasions
when we actually fight
He usually always tells me
He's sorry and I'm right.
~
My boys were truly blessed
To get him for a DAD!
A more amazing father
Is rarely ever had!
~
He makes me laugh
He makes me smile
He holds and comforts
When life hurts for a while.
~
He is not perfect
Don't get me wrong!
His love for the U
Is way too strong!
~
His stubborn streak
Is a mile wide!
His fear of spiders
Makes him run and hide!
~
His faith is strong
His heart pure gold!
And now my sweetie
Is really, really old!

2 comments:

Brenny said...

That was awesome! Happy birthday, Dave!

Todd and Melissa said...

Love the "ode"! Happy belated Birthday Dave!