Sunday, January 4, 2009

New Years Eve!

Happy New Years! I must admit that I think New Years Eve is my favorite holiday. Low stress, lots of fun, stay up late! Love it! We did the traditional fondue dinner! The kids really got into fonduing this year and they especially liked the mushrooms and squash but I think I love the cheese and bread although the shrimp that Brandon did were yummy! Then we played all the traditional games.... Thumper, Matthew, Mark, Luke and John, and some new favorites.... Dippity, Dippity Dip, and the Hand Game! Then came the big moment! We got out the chimes and ran to wake all the neighbors with our yelling and banging! Aaron especially enjoyed the screaming! Did I mention how much the neighbors love us!
Sara laughing! Glad she is feeling better! Joe and his amazing eye brow trick!Jenn and her lovely curly hair! My beautiful sister Alli! Thanks for all the great pictures Alli! Here is B. Rad! He was a bit upset by my outing him in his dodge ball outfit so he kept posing so that the next pictures I posted of him would be very GQ!
Fun was had by all! We laughed a lot and enjoyed being with one another. We toasted in the new year and finished with the chocolate and fruit fondue! What a great way to start the year!

4 comments:

Jacqui said...

I fondly remember fondue with your family--we carried on the tradition too, just New Year's Day instead.

You have a cute family--Everyone looked so beautiful.

The Coolest Allen Family said...

Ok so I must be a big ol dork, because I have never heard of any of the games you all played. You might have to share with us (or at least me) how to play them. I love games!

Brenny said...

The fondueing looked like so much fun! I need to dip stuff in melted cheese more often...

Great pictures. It really makes me want to live closer to my siblings.

Todd and Melissa said...

Looks super fun. You're going to have to tell me what some of these games are that you played . . .