Sunday, January 4, 2009

Happy Birthday Mom!

This is the last of 6 posts in 24 hours! That has to be a record! I am all caught up! Today is actually a very wonderful day! Today is my Mom's birthday! She is the only one who I didn't highlight last year! Last the best of all the gang I guess! So let me tell you why I love my mom!

I love how Mom can find the gospel in regular life. Watch a movie, read a book or talk with mom and it will come around to the gospel. She lives it, she quotes it, she loves it. Many of my "Mom Memories" include finding her in her room on her knees or sitting at the kitchen table studying her scriptures. I love the example of goodness that she is. If it is good for her she tries to incorporate it into her life. This includes mental health, physical health, and spiritual health.
I love how Mom loves her family. She loves her parents, her siblings (and in-laws and all their children) and her children and grandchildren (and that includes all the in-laws) with all her heart! They are her treasure here on earth. My mom shows love by doing things for others. I love how she serves those around her. I love mom because she will defend her children at all costs. She will also laugh at all their jokes. Which of course is very important!
I love my Mom!

9 comments:

Brenny said...

Happy Birthday, Cherie! Your mom IS great.

Angie said...

Ok, that's a lot of posts, so I'm going to comment just once. All of the pictures are great, and I'm glad the boys got a Wii. Believe me, you will love it as much as they do! I do get your boys confused. Maybe you should stand them all in a line (chronological order), take a picture, post it and label it. That would help me out a lot. I don't know if I've ever even seen the youngest 2 in person...? Little Joe is cute.

Sheri said...

I love your mom too!! Happy Birthday! Sounds like the past few weeks were a lot of fun!!

Talena said...

You have such a wonderful family! Is that your wonderful beautiful house? I have been admiring it from cyberspace. You do an excellent job paying tribute to your family.

Miranda and JD said...

I love your mom, too!

A. said...

So true of mom. I love you mom!

Teacher Preacher said...

Dear Kelli,
You made my night! As I was retiring to my bed I thought I need to read Kelli's blog and there were three (actually many more) uplifting memories that brought a smile to my face and a laugh to my heart. What a writer you are as you find the eternal parts of life and wrap them in humor. I love you dear first born. Thanks for the sweet words.
Love, Mom

Jacqui said...

I love your mom too! Happy Birthday, Cherie!

Marilee said...

And you are as neat as your mom!