Friday, August 1, 2008

What's that Line?


I love movies. I love to laugh, cry, be terrified, think (sometimes) and just relax and live in another world for a few hours. I have an amazing husband and almost as amazing brothers and brother-in-laws. The thing that is amazing about them is that they can see a movie once and have it memorized. These same men can't remember all their kids birthdays and may forget their own phone number but that is another matter. In honor of these men I have a list of movie lines and I want them to see how many they can get. Good luck! Let me know how many you get! Which was the hardest to get? I will post answers tomorrow.
1. "Here's looking at you, kid." (Casablanca)
2. "You need to be kissed. And often. And by someone who knows how!" (Gone With the Wind)
3. "You had me at hello" (Jerry Maguire)
4. "Toto, I've got a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore." (Wizard of Oz)
5. "That is why you fail." (Star Wars)
6. "You can't handle the truth!" (Few Good Men)
7. "I'll have what she's having." (When Harry Met Sally)
8. "You're gonna need a bigger boat." (Jaws)
9. "If you build it, he will come." (Field of Dreams)
10. "I'm not a smart man, but I know what love is." (Forrest Gump)
11. "I see dead people." (Sixth Sense)
12. "Houston, we have a problem." (Apollo 13))13. "You've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, punk (Dirty Harry)
14. "There's no crying in baseball!" (League of Their Own)
15. "I feel the need — the need for speed!" (Top Gun)
16. "Carpe Diem. Seize the day, boys. Make your lives extraordinary." (Dead Poets Society)
17. You know my mama wanted me to be a farmer. -- My dad wanted me to be a baseball player. " (The Natural)
18. "Let me tell you something my friend. Hope is a dangerous thing. Hope can drive a man insane. " (Shawshank Redemption)
19. "Surely you can't be serious."- "I am serious. And don't call me Shirley." (Airplane)
20. "Nobody puts Baby in a corner." (Dirty Dancing)
21. "You like Men At Work? what men? Men at work. well where do they work? No, they're a music group. well what do they call themselves? Oh no! What about the Police? What about 'em? You ever heard them? No, but I seen them. Where, in concert? No, behind you. (Fooloose)
22. "The truth is I gave my heart away a long time ago, my whole heart, and I never really got it back." (Sweet Home Alabama)
23. "If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits eighty-eight miles per hour... you're gonna see some serious s$#@!" (Back to the Future)
24. "Let me get this straight. You know her, and she knows you, but she wants to eat him. And everyone's okay with that? DID I MISS SOMETHING?" (The Lion King)
25. "That only counts as one!!" (Return of the King)
26. "Let me explain. No, there is too much. Let me sum up." (Princess Bride)
27. "Using the whole fist, doc?" (Fletch)
28. "Let that be a lesson to you boys and girls. Don't argue with the big dog, because the big dogs always right" (Fugitive)
29. "Oh I have got to get me one of these" (Independence Days)
30. "Think they'll have THAT on the tour?" (Jurassic Park)
31. "There is nothing to fear here. --That's what worries me." (Raiders of the Lost Ark)
32. "Dogs and cats living together. Mass hysteria." (Ghostbusters)
33. "You are a boil on the butt of humanity" (Steel Magnolias)
34. "It is easier to be killed by a terrorist after the age of 40 than it is to get married -- That is not true. That statistic is not true. -- It's not true, but it feels true. --It feels true because it is true. " (Sleepless in Seattle)
35. "I want peace on Earth, and good will towards men... and women. -- We are the United States Government; we don't do that sort of thing." (Sneakers)
36. "You are born into a family. You do not join them like the Marines." (While You Were Sleeping)
That was fun. Now I gotta go watch a few movies!

6 comments:

N8 said...

I think I got 22 of them at first glance (1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 19, 20, 23, 24, 25, 26, 29)but unless it was in two different movies I don't think it was fair of you to use a line I don't know twice. (2 & 17)

Kelli said...

Nathan, You are amazing. As I mentioned. I changed 17. Thanks.

N8 said...

Amazing, huh, that's a new one usually I get comments like, "Nathan you are pathetic", or "Nathan you really need to get a life*"(*alternative is wife). I'm sure if Erik can find your blog again he'll beat my score.

Jacqui said...

I didn't count how many of the movies I could name, but I got a good laugh out of them. "Nobody puts baby in the corner!" Classic!

Brenny said...

I am so sad I missed this before I could guess! You had some great quotes. The Ghostbusters one made me laugh -- it is my favorite of the whole movie and I always find pleasure in quoting it. People always look at me funny so I'm glad I at least know someone who would get a chuckle!

Angie said...

Wow! That's impressive - you came up with so many. I knew maybe half. I was a little late reading this, so the answers were already there. Great job.