Thursday, August 14, 2008

I am alive and trying to survive!

Oh my stars! I am so tired! I haven't posted in a while because I have been so swamped. I honestly can't believe how much has been going on at our house. Here is a summary:
We went to the Bountiful parade for the 24th. We watched the parade with Sara and Jenn and some cousins. Josh pushed a handcart in the parade.

Later that night I had a wonderful chance to visit with some old and dear friends from Chi Theta Chi. Love these gals. We had a great 24th at my wonderful in-laws home. We watched fireworks both big and small. We watched Mark and Brittney destroy the bathroom, and we watched Aaron, Josh and Dave jump over things! We played with cousins and we had our yearly visit with the Hallman's and Erik! The tired demolition crew. He makes those Olympic hurdlers look so weak!

We started swimming lessons with some cousins and also did tennis lessons without cousins.We went to Lagoon. Josh went to Scout Camp. So did Dave for a few days. Just long enough to never ever want to be Scoutmaster! Josh and I also got to go to the Bountiful Temple for his first time doing Baptisms. It was fun to be there with him. Football has also started. sigh. Last week a huge portion of my time was spent planning for, getting ready for and actually attending the LDSBA Convention. It is quite the event! LDS Bookstores from all over the world (yes, there are LDS bookstores all over the world!) come for 3 days to see all the new stuff that is available to sell. Alyssa and I spent so much time together framing, packing, setting up, selling, framing some more and laughing hysterically! It is a good thing that I like that girl. We would literally be together until 1:00 in the morning to turn around and be together at 8:00 that same morning not to be apart until 6:30pm. Yea, I totally stole this from your blog!

We spent a few days up at East Canyon with Tricia and her kids. We had a great time swimming almost constantly! Every now and then we did other things like mini golf and playing at the beach with Andrew, Sam and Lauren. Thanks Mom for letting us use your condo!"Yea, I still look good. Did you see my legs?"Uncle Andrew methodically threw in Josh, Jacob, Kass and Sam into the lake. The thing that has most consumed our lives is that in the last 2 weeks we have completely remodeled 2 rooms. The amazing thing is that neither room was at our house. We did a bathroom at my in-laws house and a bedroom now office at my mothers house. Don't ask me how we manage to do both projects during the same weeks but that is how we roll! So I would literally go from painting one room, drive madly into Sugarhouse to paint another. What a joke! My in-laws have needed a new bathroom for a while so my crazy brother-in-law, Mark, took on the project. We were among the helpers until he left on vacation then we took over the mudding, taping and painting. It still isn't finished so no pictures yet! Then my Mom was cruising through the Greek Islands so we remodeled a bedroom and turned it into an office as a surprise for her. Alli was the instigator of this small project and I was the one that made it a huge project. Thank heavens Alli loves me. We did do a lot, but it turned out great!Alli has hidden decorating skills!My favorite thing is the missionary wall. These are the 6 missionaries from our family. Mom wanted a mission room so this wasn't just our idea. We stripped wallpaper, two toned the walls, put up crown moulding, put in a fan in the middle of a decorative, "recessed" square, put in a rug from Sara and Brad, decorated, and hung some pictures. It really did turn out nice.

6 comments:

Jacqui said...

Wow! Those do sound like a crazy few weeks. I like the remodel at your mom's. Very nice.

What were you preparing to display at the Bookstore sale?

Brenny said...

I want to hear about the bookstore thing, too, but first...

HOLY COW! You guys have been packing it in this summer! So many fun activities. Tell Dave he has mad hurdling skills. I didn't remember the lake at East Canyon, but I really think we were only there when it snowed. Anyway, the remodel looks fabulous. I'm not very good at decorating -- could we borrow Alli for a bit?

Angie said...

The office looks great! Your mom will love it.

The boys are so cute. I can't believe how tall they're getting. And now that Dave is sure he never wants to be a Scoutmaster, you should be on alert for the phone call from your Bishop. You know that's his next calling.

The Coolest Allen Family said...

I love the small Mormon world we live in! Brenda and I were in the same ward in Greeley. How cool that you two are cousins! I am so glad you "found" me! I am going to add you to my list of blogs. Let me know if this is not ok!

Yay to finding old friends through new ones!

Robin Fisher said...

Wow, I got exhausted just reading about your projects. Your mom's office looks great!

Todd and Melissa said...

My favorite pic is the one with Joe Joe in the car. What a little cutie!