Sunday, July 27, 2008

Things I Believe. Joseph Smith.

Ask of God by Sandra B. Rast

Joseph Smith was a prophet.

This is another thing that I have found through my own searching to be true.

I distinctly remember the last time this was powerfully reconfirmed in my life. I was reading the account of the first vision with Josh to pass of a requirement for Scouts. He was reading and as he read we started to feel the peace that comes through the Holy Ghost. I felt so powerfully the thought confirmed to me that this young boy had indeed seen God the Father and His Son, Jesus Christ.
I owe such a great debt to this man who did so much to help restore the gospel to the earth. No man, other than Christ, has done more to move forward God's work. After the life altering vision that he had, he became a constant instrument in God's hands. I wish that I had the strength to stand so firm in my belief. He suffered persecutions from almost all sides. He was mocked, reviled, tortured, falsely accused. He was betrayed by those he trusted, watched his loyal beloved brother murdered and eventually gave his life rather than deny what he knew to be true.

I have a difficult time putting my testimony on my own blog.
I am indebted to Joseph Smith for all he did to bring the light back to a world that was wallowing in darkness. I am grateful that he was willing to be an instrument in God's hands no matter the cost. I know he was a prophet of God. So it was with me. I had actually seen a light, and in the midst of that light I saw two Personages, and they did in reality speak to me; and though I was hated and persecuted for saying that I had seen a vision, yet it was true; and while they were persecuting me, reviling me, and speaking all manner of evil against me falsely for so saying, I was led to say in my heart: Why persecute me for telling the truth? I have actually seen a vision; and who am I that I can withstand God, or why does the world think to make me deny what I have actually seen? For I had seen a vision; I knew it, and I knew that God knew it, and I could not deny it, neither dared I do it; at least I knew that by so doing I would offend God, and come under condemnation.

Joseph Smith, Jr.

7 comments:

Sheri said...

You are as always amazing! I need to put more of those thoughts down... on my blog as that seems to be my journal for now!

Brenny said...

Thank you for sharing. That was wonderful.

Jacqui said...

You are definitely taking the Ensign's counsel to share your testimony to heart. I love it!

Angie said...

Very nice. It is remarkable, the First Vision. Remarkable but absolutely true. I was just reading in the Book of Mormon Ammon asking if we don't have reason to rejoice? I believe that we do. We have so many reason's to rejoice, and having a testimony of Joseph Smith is one of those reasons.

Unknown said...

Kelli I love all of the artwork that you added. Even the one at the top... looks very familiar! Thanks for the awesome post. You are such an amazing person and I am so glad that I have gotten to know you.

Todd and Melissa said...

Kelli! Quit making me cry! :)

Anonymous said...

You write very well.