Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Every Thorn has its Rose!

I think I understand why the Creator of the world gave roses thorns!
Perhaps it is as some say, to prove a point or teach a lesson...
Every rose has it's thorn. (also works for song lyrics)
Aren't we glad thorns have roses. (also works on those church marquees)
Nothing is perfect.
Sorrow and Happiness must be linked together.
Maybe.
I think he gave them thorns so that there is just one flower on His world that kids don't want to touch.

On cool summer evenings I like to watch movies every now and then.
I like to sometimes curl up with a soft blanket.
I even have a blanket closet to hold blankets of this type and for this very purpose.
We have a LOT of blankets and you would think that this would be a simple thing.
I go to the closet and almost all 79 blankets are gone.
Gone! I tell you.
Except one.
It is a big, puffy sage green and cream colored blanket.
I made it when I was a teenager.
As far as blankets go this one is high up on the blanket desirability scale.
It has all the important elements.
Soft, warm, clean, big and even holds some fond memories.
I was always amazed that this puffy wonderful quilt is always available when I need it.
Then one night while wrapped in said blanket I was watching "Pride and Prejudice" and the answer stuck me.
No, that wasn't a typo.
There is one pin left somewhere in that quilt and it stuck me.
It has a thorn.
I think I will leave it.

3 comments:

Brenny said...

You are a poet. Although I'm not sure anyone but Shel Silverstein would end his composition with getting stuck with a pin, but still... Beautiful rose pictures, and beautiful sentiments. :)

Jacqui said...

Ya, I agree with Brenny. You are a poet.

I liked it:)

A. said...

It made me think of those writing assignments from English class. You're awesome!