Sunday, July 20, 2008

I Believe.

In the July Ensign Elder Ballard wrote an article entitled "Sharing the Gospel Using the Internet". I was thrilled to read this article because it basically justified my joy in having this blog. Some of my family and friends have made comments like "I don't understand why you would want to let strangers have access to your personal life." and "I had better not be able to find myself on Google in connection to your blog!". Now I can say that Elder Ballard recommended I do this.
  • Now, may I ask that you join the conversation by participating on the Internet to share the gospel and to explain in simple and clear terms the message of the Restoration. Most of you already know that if you have access to the Internet you can start a blog in minutes and begin sharing what you know to be true.
I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Some may say I am a member of this particular church because my parents were and therefore I am a member only by default. That may have been true when I was a child. But I am not a child now. I am a member because I choose to be because I have asked my questions and have found the answers for myself. I truly believe and hope that even if I hadn't been introduced to the church when I was young that I would still have recognized the truth of this gospel when it came knocking on my door. prayer time with Mom
I do not claim to understand all the doctrines. I do not claim to be perfect in living all the teachings that I know to be true (although I am pretty darn close to perfection on commandment #6! It's those thoughts that get me every time)
I never could be mistaken for a scriptorian or an angel. All I can tell you is what I have learned, what I know and what I believe to be true.
This is not a complete list but I will add to these every now and again to continue my justification/addiction cycle!I know that there is a God. I know that He loves me, in fact I most often refer to Him as my Heavenly Father. I know that He loves each and every person who has lived or will ever live. He loves us so much that He created a beautiful plan to make sure each and everyone could return to be with Him. I believe that as my Heavenly Parent that He knows me better than anyone else could. I know that He feels sorrow when I hurt and happiness when I am joyful. As it would be with any Perfect Parent, He wants me to succeed and to find joy in my journey and He will do all He can to help me if I will but ask.

Over 2,000 years a baby was born in Bethlehem. He grew in "wisdom and stature and in favour with God and man". I know that Jesus Christ is the literal Son of God. He healed the sick, gave sight to the blind, caused the lame to walk and raised the dead. He is the only perfect person to ever walk on the earth. Yet because of His love for you and I and His desire to do the will of our Father in Heaven He allowed His life to be taken. He suffered through the pains in Gethsemane that caused Him to sweat drops of blood. This atonement is incomprehensible at times for me. I know that I cannot begin to understand the power that made the atonement possible or the mechanics of how it works. But, I do know that because of this I am not only able to be forgiven for sins which I commit but also I know that He understands my sufferings, my sorrows, and my pains. I know that three days after He gave His life for us that He was resurrected. This Baby born under such humble circumstances became the King of Kings, the Savior of us all!

He is Not Here

I don't know what lies in my future. There are many things that terrify me! I suppose that there will be many triumphs and some disappointments. I suppose that there will be many moments of rejoicing and my measure of sorrows. I really don't know much of what is to come. The only thing that I do know is that regardless of the what the future holds, there stands my Savior, the Son of God. He is my Rock, my strength and my comfort! I testify unequivocally and without hesitation that I know He lives and I love Him.

5 comments:

Sheri said...

Beautiful and ditto!
I am so glad to be able to connect with you in this wonderful world of blogging! And just so you know... I think you are pretty close to and angel!

Brenny said...

Thanks for sharing your testimony! That was wonderful.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing that Kelli. I agree wholeheartedly.

Todd and Melissa said...

Hooray Elder Ballard! Blogs for everyone!

So thanks for making me cry. Your testimony made me get all teary-eyed!

Angie said...

That was beautiful, and I loved the pictures. Well done.