Friday, September 26, 2008

Pathetic, I know.

Fall! The beautiful colors of the leaves changing, the crisp air that smells clean and feels sharper, the yellow school buses, the brightly colored soccer jerseys scampering all over every field in the city, football fans and tailgate parties and FALL TELEVISION. Yeah, so I warned you it was pathetic! I am actually looking forward to watching some shows and finding out what my favorite characters did over the summer! It is like reconnecting with old friends in a VERY one sided relationship. During the fall premieres I find that I watch a lot of shows, old ones and new ones, and then I eventually settle down to a few favorites. Here are my 3 categories for this fall. Once again you were warned this is pathetic.
"Old Shows that I Watch When I Can Catch Them"
I watch the first show and the last one and any that are recorded by the almighty TiVo when it is not busy recording the priority shows and then I try to figure out where everybody that I used to know went and what in the world is going on. Which oldies but goodies am I missing?
CSI of any variety
ER (last season!)

"New to Me Shows That I am Intrigued By"
I will watch these for a few weeks and see if any of them hold my interest. Usually 1-2 will make the cut off list and move to the priority list for a while. Any of you have any others that should be added to this list or any votes as to which should make the cutoff?
Chuck
Fringe
The Mentalist
Bones
"Favorites That I Do Get a Bit Upset When Not Recorded"
So tell me what should be in this category that is not? Should any be removed?
The Office
Lost
Pushing Daisies
Eli Stone

Well there you go in all it's patheticness (not a word but should be). So, what are you watching?

10 comments:

Brenny said...

I like your picks! You know I like talking about television so if you are pathetic, I'm pathetic. Did you LOVE the Office last night. Darren and I were laughing so hard.

The jury is still out on Fringe for me, but I've only watched the Season Premire. The Mentalist is intriguing, but I think it might conflict with an old favorite. I can't remember. I've been hearing good things about Eli Stone -- I missed last season but will try watching it this season!

Jme said...

I'm pathetic too, cause those are all of my favorite shows! I just can't get enough! Thank heavens for TIVO!

Angie said...

Do you remember Greg Gibson calling tv characters his tv friends? He said that real friends can let you down. Your tv friends never will. So true.

N8 said...

I'm pretty sure that it's not pathetic, otherwise my life has been a huge waste of time.

Liz said...

I absolutely love Bones. It's one of my favorites, right after Gilmore Girls which has ended. There will be a few episodes with back story that might seem confusing, but just stick with it and you're guaranteed a laugh and a great episode. "I don't know what that means," is Brennan's classic statement.

Marilee said...

Either I am pathetic because I never watch TV and don't know any of these shows, or am not pathetic at all. How do you read books and watch TV? (As per your latest Good Reads entry.) You are amazing.

Nicole said...

It's about time I found someone who makes informed TV decisions! (I'm Angie's friend, btw. Still a stalker, I know, but I wanted you to know there was a connection.) I've only seen Eli Stone once and it didn't speak to me. Is it better with age? And I've been wondering what I'm missing by not watching Pushing Daisies.

I've watched 3 episodes of Fringe, but it's still in the category of If I Have Time I'll Watch It. Have you watched "Life"? You don't have any other shows that are detective-type shows - maybe you wouldn't like it. 30 Rock is good too (it starts late in October).

Hmmm. Lots of talking for being someone you don't know. Sorry.

Todd and Melissa said...

You HAVE to add Heroes to your "can't miss" list. I'm totally addicted now and love it almost as much as LOST (but not quite!).

Anonymous said...

I've decided that DVD is even better than tivo. I tried to watch the Battlestar Galactica last season as it came on the DVR, but found it really irritating to have to skip the commercials, so I suppose I'll Netflix the last half of the last season when it's out... if I bother. the last segment was pretty trying to get through.

Someday I'll start The Office on DVD, but not till I'm hopelessly out of the timeframe where it will be useful to be 'in' on things.

Sheri said...

The Office is my never miss show! We have the last two seasons recorded!! I just love the humor... a bit sarcastic!