Saturday, September 13, 2008

News from Team Rollins!

Hey all! I have been seriously lacking in my blogging duties according to my non-blogger sister, Tricia. She won't ever write one but that doesn't give me the right to not write for a few days! I have missed writing however. Thus you are reading this! Here are some of our going on's and random thoughts.....School started. Or hadn't you heard?
I went with Josh to his first morning of Jr. High. No, I'm not one of those crazy moms but the school is under construction and they wouldn't let anyone in before the first day to find classes or open lockers so most of the 7th graders had someone there helping out. We did go an hour early so nobody would see him with his mommy. It didn't work since all the 7th graders had the same idea! I am happy to announce that we got the locker open. And yes, I did have nightmares about it the night before thank you very much!

Alex started Kindergarten.
I thought he would be a bit more nervous but he was thrilled to be going to school with all the big boys! The first day they have a treasure hunt to find all the different parts of the school. Thanks to so many days working with Mom on PTA stuff he finished that faster than any other child. See! There are benefits flowing left and right for sacrificing a year to PTA! He is going to have a great year especially if the teacher likes NY accents. I'm workin' he'e!

From 6 to 2.
The boys have really missed their cousins. It must have been nice to have a large group of friends/cousins/pals to hang with. They always had someone who was willing to walk with them and laugh with or stick up for them. We all missed those darn kids. I have missed the daily morning phone calls from my mom but I have totally not missed seeing Tricia every day. My kids are the only ones who need someone to talk with , laugh with or stick up for them. Darn those kids. Sniff, sniff. Stupid allergies. Football! Soccer! Basketball! I think that is it besides scouts, YM, piano and viola. Retired president takes on volunteer coordinator, room rep tea and monthly newsletter. I should have just been president again. Sigh.
My Joe! This only one at home punk is such a joy! My mom came to one of Jonathan's soccer games and Joe came running up to give her a hug and after hugging her he looks up at her and says "Grandma, haircut?" OK a couple of things.

1. I was so glad I had already noticed and told her it looked good so I wasn't shown up by my baby. and 2. What 2 year-old notices things like that and comments on it? He has this weird thing with the "fuzzies" (yarn ties) on his blanket. He loves them. He rubs them under his nose when he gets tired. If they fall off the blanket, he stores them in his ear. It is just one of those things that he does. I went to the Stake Enrichment Night where the subject was Avoiding Emotional Burnout. Didn't apply to me but I enjoyed hearing about other peoples busy lives. A few things that the therapist/lecturer mentioned that I liked...
  • Our culture must be the only one where not only do we feel guilty for the things we do but the things we don't do!
  • Do one thing in your life that brought you joy when you were a little kid.
  • Make a Things I accomplished today list at the end of the day instead of just a to do list every day.
  • If you have a hard time saying "No" say instead "Let me get back to you" then get up the courage to say no and get back with them.
  • We had a fun night with some of our EAT friends. The Hallman's hosted and after dinner we went back to their house for peaches and ice-cream. Dave and I stayed way, way too late and it reminded me of my college days hanging out until all hours of the night after Home Improvement! Thanks Joe and Anita!

15 comments:

Sheri said...

Is tht a picture of joe and Anita now? If so... they look the exact same! Good to hear from you again!! You sound busy as ever!
Thanks for the anti-emotional stress tis... maybe when life calms down I will try them out!;)

Jacqui said...

What do we need to do to get Trisha to blog? Should we start a petition?

Here's the first signature:
Jacqui Webb

Jacqui said...

PS your life IS crazy busy!

Brenny said...

Yeah, you should have been president again, the other things sound WAY harder. :) You sound busy busy! I'm going to try the anti stress tips -- I'll let you know if they work.

The pictures of Joey made me laugh as did your imitation of Alex's accent -- kids are great. Here is my name for the Trisha petition:

Brenda Casey

Angie said...

The football uniform is so cool! I can't believe how old these boys have gotten.

Angie said...

The football uniform is so cool! I can't believe how old these boys have gotten.

Caroline said...

Kelli you should be President of everything. President of the world. Then we can all live by Kelli rules and life will be great!

Vickers Family said...

It was fun seeing you at the wedding. I cant believe school started already! Did you know Jammie did the same thing with her blankets? My mom started giving her cotten balls to keep her from destoing her blankets. Then she would rub them under her nose while she sucked her thunb. She also hid them all over the house so she would always have one avaliable. It must be a Rencher thing!

Kelli said...

Sheri, that picture was from back when we knew them well! They still look pretty much the same!

Kelli said...

Jacqui and Brenda,

I wish she would do one also. So here is my signature.

Kelli Rollins

Kelli said...

LJ,

My kids would not agree! Neither would Dave! But thanks for your vote.

Kelli said...

Amanda,

that is so funny. I didn't know that about Jamie! I told my mom that I wanted the extra yarn so he would stop ripping them off his blanket.
PS It was wonderful to see you also.

Teacher Preacher said...

Hey Kelli what a fun blog you have. I love the pictures of your boys on the first day. I wasn't there so this was delightful. You are a writer. Write a funny book and make money. Love you tons, Mom

Anonymous said...

Comments on your blog:

1. I already told you that I have a web-site. I spend long hours on that... and between reading yours and all your contacts- I don't have time to write my own.

2. The boys look great. My kids love and miss them too. They are best friends. I love that they had that time with you and your family. Thanks for being such a wonderful Aunt/Mother to them.

3. You are a liar.
4. I MISS SEEING and TALKING TO YOU EVERYDAY TOO!
5. My Joe is just as cute as he has always been. Love that boy!
6. Thanks girls for your list of names. I will make note of them...

Love you guys.

A. said...

Whoa--I'm not around to talk to for a few days and you suddenly have time to write! Love you!