Monday, September 1, 2008

Apparently I'm not funny just stressed!

This is Tricia after I stressed her out!
So I got a call from Tricia and she said that she has been keeping up with my life via this blog. Which is really rather silly because it would look like all I have been doing lately is thinking about past loves of my life and making extreme to do lists! Regardless. She proceeded to tell me that she couldn't finish my to do list blog because it was just too painful. I obviously missed the mark!
I would like to apologize to all of you who read that post. Sorry you three! I was trying to be funny amidst my stressful days. I thought it was funny but then again I am desperately seeking humor right now. Tricia commented that there were funny parts but mainly the stress leaked through like a sieve! So again my intent was not to stress anyone out abut rather it was to make myself laugh as life rushes towards me, thoroughly engulfs me and then just as quickly passes me by but not before it leaves me breathless almost to the point of panic thinking that I will never be able to take a breath again! How was that for descriptive? Did I scare you again Tricia? Alli, are you there? I think I am ready again for that couch! Tell Mom it is time for a Kelli fasting and temple session! Just teasing girls! Alli, really, put the phone down! Tricia, for heavens sakes, are those tears in your eyes? I AM FINE! I did tell the boys that if they didn't do their Saturday jobs I was going to end up in the hospital! Bah-ha-ha! It didn't work.

9 comments:

Jme said...

Well, I just have to say that I enjoyed your to do list entirely!!! I always tell Bobby that I have accomplished more by 9:30 then he has in an entire day! I thought it was great and it made me laugh! keep it up! p.s. isn't laundry day everyday?? Mine is never ending!!!

Angie said...

You don't have anything to apologize for. The list was fun. Sure you have busy days. Is that such a surprise? Of course, if you are stressed to the point of a mental breakdown, then take a break. Really. Those kids have grandparents and aunts and uncles for a reason!

Jacqui said...

Count me as blog reader #4 :)

Brenny said...

I think I take for granted that everyone's life is stressed, and so I just see the humor in it all. What would a day be like that wasn't chucky jammed full of things that must get done? I loved your list -- yes, you have a lot to do, but you are raising 5 boys! It made me giggle.

But I agree with angie, if it has reached the breaking point, drop the kids off and head down to Alli's for a couch visit and maybe a pedicure.

Sheri said...

Name me a mother of 5 who is not stressed to her limit!! i would definately not be on that list! i am just amazed that you had the ability to remember it all to write it down!! Hang in there friend! Pencil me in for lunch one day!!

Vickers Family said...

You always make me laugh! I am glad that your sisters and your mom are so good to you. I know mine keep me sane most of the time! Hope to see you soon! -Amanda

Robin Fisher said...

I read your list and loved it. I love the photo of the wave and your description. I am so there right now. But here are my two thoughts I tell my military wives.
1-you have two options, Sink or swim. I always think swimming is more graceful
and 2-You have to laugh or else you will cry.
Nice to know I am not the only mom out there swimming and laughing.

Todd and Melissa said...

Well I thought your to-do list was funny! Maybe it didn't stress me out as much since I don't have kids yet . . . :)

Baby's got blue eyes said...

loved the list! I'm sometimes afraid of my list, I could never admit to a day like that, it would send me to the couch too.! I loved Robins comment of smiling and swimming, We may not always smile but at least we're still swimming! "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming" I hear that little chant in my head a lot too. Keep up the great work!