Saturday, September 20, 2008

Be There!

Did you know that a few months ago I was kicked out of the Salt Lake Temple. Ok, I wasn't really kicked out I really never got in! It seems that the expiration date isn't just a suggestion as my brother Mitch and I discovered. They mean it and no tears or threats of never returning will budge them. Ok I didn't threaten to never return. At least not out loud. I realized it wouldn't really punish anyone other than me and maybe my mom if I never went back.

So Mitch, wanting to calm my tears, offered to buy me lunch. I loved the lunch but I loved hanging with my brother even more! We made it back for pictures. And after all that is really the most important part. Ha. So I felt really bad about missing my cousins wedding but I felt really, really bad when Mom starting crying and making Mitch and I promise that we would do anything we could to be in the Celestial Kingdom. Sheesh.
Last night I had a great night with some of my in-laws. We got to go to the temple and then out to dinner with Dave's parents, and 3 of his brothers, Mark, Paul and Nate and Brittney who is Mark's amazing wife (who got a darling haircut, but I digress). We went up to the Bountiful Temple (remember I am never going back to that other one) (just kidding Mom!) and it was wonderful, of course, to be there. I have always loved the temple. I love the symbolism and the peace and the inspiration that comes when I am there.

This time at the temple is the first endowment session that I have been to since my dad died. I have done initiatories and sealings and baptisms but not the endowment. It has taken on new meaning for me. You see I know that I have someone on the other side waiting for me. Dad will have my reception there very well planned and I hope it doesn't stress him out and I hope he doesn't mind if I am late! As time goes by there will be even more people that I love waiting for me also. It made me realize that the horrible feeling that I had not being with my loved ones at that wedding would be nothing compared to the feeling of not being able to be with family and friends whom I love and adore forever!

So once again Mom was right. I'll try my hardest to be there. You be there too.

10 comments:

Sheri said...

That's classic!! Thanks for the reminder... I really need to get to the Temple! You are as ever and inspiration (with humor added!)
Love ya!

Jacqui said...

They really turn you away? But if you go and forget your recommend, they'll call your bishop...hmmmm...odd.

I'll be at your party if you be at mine, ok?

Unknown said...

Kelli the day you get kicked out of the temple is the day I should be worried! You are the most amazing person that I know and you have such a strong testimony! I miss seeing you all the time :( I thought I would never say this but I hope we get an order soon! (Just a little one.)

Brenny said...

Great story. I think my favorite part was your mom making you promise to be in the celestial kingdom. Your mom is the best.

Actually, this weekend for some reason I kept remembering something your mom said at your dad's funeral -- that he was with his parents again. I'm not sure what brought the memory on, but it was a wonderful to think about the kind of reception waiting for us. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Caroline said...

Oh Kelli, I hope you are there and I am too. "Let us watch over one another, cherish one another, and support one another that WE MAY ALL SIT DOWN IN HEAVEN TOGETHER!"

Kelli said...

Amanda,
Yay! And no worries! Mums the word.

Kelli said...

LJ!
I LOVE YOU! I always think about that quote and think of you guys. It really won't be heaven without you!

Todd and Melissa said...

I'll be there for sure! :)

Vickers Family said...

so I know Im a paon but will you erease my last two messages? Thanks bunches!

Debbie said...

So I am the only in-law that gets left out of that little trip to the temple. How come we never did anything like that when I lived in Utah? Maybe next time you could all come down to the Mesa Temple.