Thursday, October 2, 2008

The Bane of my Existence!

Yes folks that is correct I have reached the depths of patheticness (again not a word but should be) I am writing a post on laundry. Laundry. It never ends. Unless my entire family was standing around naked (Alone in our own rooms people. We are not that warped) we are during every moment making more dirty laundry. I don't care how pretty your washer and dryer are or how nice your laundry room is LAUNDRY is not fun. Why do I dislike laundry? I love the smell of clean clothes and the victory of getting the grass stains out of every SINGLE PAIR of boys pants that come my way. I don't mind sorting, folding or changing the loads so what is it? I don't like putting it away it is true and I don't like telling the boys to put it away. THIRTY THREE TIMES! I don't like, no I severely dislike, finding still folded clean laundry that never was put away, in the dirty clothes when I go to sort the laundry!
Here are some of my best tips on how to lighten the laundry load:

  • Don't get married.
  • Do not under any circumstances have children.
  • Make a million dollars so you can pay someone to do your laundry for you.
  • Make a billion dollars so you can just throw clothes away when they are dirty and go shopping for new clothes for everyone every week!
  • Go Naked.
Good tips aren't they? I have recently started a new system for doing laundry that seems to be working really well but it involves an hourly interaction with laundry. How about you? What have you people done to conquer the unconquerable?

8 comments:

Sheri said...

Please share your secret as I am always overwhelmed with the stuff too!
i started having my boys do their own laundry... it makes for more loads, but, it stops the rewashing of clean clothes!!

The Coolest Allen Family said...

Oh I feel you on this one! It is never ending! I think we should design affordable disposable clothes. Everyone could buy a pack of 100 at Costco or something. Hmmm...I might have to work on that one. :)

Brenny said...

You had me rolling in my cube -- too funny! Finding piles of folded clothes in the dirty clothes set me off. Oh my goodness! I'm dying.

I was going to mention disposable clothes as well, but Angela beat me to it. I don't mind laundry, but there are only two of us. Apparently kids add to the debacle.

Jacqui said...

When I was a missionary I had to wash my clothes by hand. Literally. So I saved my pennies and treated myself to a laundry service I found in one of my areas every other week. It was heaven and worth EVERY boliviar.

Unknown said...

Kelli! It is so funny you did a post on laundry! Every week when I do laundry I want to blog about how much I hate it. You beat me to it! Yours is much more interesting and hillarious though!

It makes me so mad at the end of every laundry day when Craig comes home and throws his clothes in the empty laundry basket... never ending!

Angie said...

I am one of the wise few who have stuck with the "Don't get married" option. It's kept me to 2-3 loads per week. My sister, on the other hand, is doing laundry every time I call her. It's either laundry or cleaning.

Finding clean, folded stuff in the laundry again would be maddening. I congratulate you on not killing anyone, yet.

Kim said...

Wait a second...at least you have boys. They may get it dirtier, but I promise girls end up with 3x more. I would trade your laundry for mine any day of the week!!!! (Ok...if your sons end up like Talon as teenagers-you may as well have girls.)

N8 said...

You might want to be careful what you say in your blog. It sounds like President Monson reads it.