Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Episilon Alpha Tau! (E.A.T)

A few months ago I told you the story of how I ended up attending the U. That day changed my life. I cannot tell you all the blessings that came into my life because of that decision. Many of these blessings enrich my life still to this day!
You see when I arrived at the U that fall I joined a sorority (post for another day). We had an advisor (ditto) who was married to Joe or as we referred to him, The Ultimate Man. He was the advisor for a fraternity called Pi Rho (again for another day) which leads me to the group blessing my life today! One of these Pi Rho boys, Peter, started an dinner group (ala Episilon Alpha Tau or E.A.T. for short) of old fraternity brothers and their wives. Pete at spring break 1988!
I love EAT. We take turns hosting (you pick the restaraunt) and we meet once a month and yet I think we only made about 1/2 the time this year. But that is ok. Come when you can. November and December were 2 of the times I have been there this year! I am so glad I was able to go!

Christmas Party 1999

A few of our EATers about 18 years ago at our Hippy Date Party. These 2 actually got married!

November was the ever anticipated Girls Night. Denice was kind enough to open up her home and several of us gathered there for good treats and wonderful conversations! You know how you feel when you talk with people and are so happy to discover that you are not alone. You know one of those "Yes, I know exactly what you are talking about!" moments. You remember that others worry about what the world is coming to, about their kids, about their future daughter-in-laws, about their mental health! It was one of those evenings where I drove away feeling unburdened (which was amazing considering how much laundry needed to be done) and strengthened and uplifted and encouraged and happy to have such good friends.Christmas Party 2000.

December was a completely different but equally as wonderful event. We met with full families and everyone but 1 family was able to come. (We missed you Dave and Tammy) Denice (I don't know how she ended up doing both) reserved a big bounce house for all of us to destroy for a few hours. The kids couldn't have been happier! And holy cow we have a lot of kids. It is amazing to see the +40 children that were there! I played a game with Howie of try to figure out who is who's kid. I was fascinated by the boys interacting since they are the ones who have been friends for 20 years now! I am lucky enough to have known them that long also so it is fun to be with them! What a great way to kick off the Christmas season! Christmas Party 2008

3 comments:

Sheri said...

Lot's of big hair in the years past!! Looks like fun!!

Brenny said...

What a fun group. We have friends like that, but not one big group of friends like that. You guys are very lucky!

Marilee said...

Five thousand visitors? When are you getting advertizing? No really, the party looks awesome. Wished we could have been there!