Friday, December 12, 2008

Carter Cousin Christmas!

Lael and Rowena Carter are my wonderful grandparents who have 6 great children and 23 grandchildren and I have lost count of how many great grandchildren. I think it is the 30's somewhere. Somebody out there knows. Alli? Here they are with 12 of the great-grandkids. The 23 grandkids are pretty wonderful, especially if you ask Lael and Rowena! According to my grandparents I could do absolutely anything and for them I would try! I had a great but short visit with them this last week and I really should go more often because they fill me with love and remind me of all things good. Also this last week was one of my favorite holiday events! The Carter Cousin Christmas Party! Eight years ago Tricia and I planned the first ever get together of this kind. We had dinner and played the Carter chimes and played Ben games! Ben games are those that start with "Whoever hasn't played this before needs to leave the room" and everyone stays in the room for fear of what Ben will do to you when you come back! It was great. Here are those who were able to attend that year!
This year B. Rad and his lovely wife, Sara, hosted and it was, as always, a delight to see everyone who could come. I am always so thrilled to see my cousins and the great people they married. Here are Brad and Andrew in their matching outfits! (cute picture thanks to Alli)Happy Brandon and Tired Tricia! (cute picture thanks to Alli) The girls! The boys! Which one is expecting? (cute picture thanks to Alli)She talks with her hands!
We missed Josh and Jennifer, Grant and Becky, Ben and Janae, Miranda and JD, Jake and Mary, Cambria and Kaile, and Elder Carter, Emily and Carter. Carrie and Mike win the prize for coming the longest distance. Thanks for making the effort you two! We loved seeing you and your wee one! I am in a picture! (thanks to Alli) Lots of laughs! (thanks to Alli) (for the picture, not the laughter) (I mean I am glad she laughed but not that we were laughing at her... oh never mind) Alli looking at me like I am crazy! I have no idea what those other two are doing.
This year we brought white elephant gifts and had a lot of laughs involving those! Alli's Cousin Bowl was my favorite and I actually got it in the end! She modged-podged a picture of every cousin onto a big wooden bowl! It is hilarious!! Colin not only came but he brought a date! Drama Jenn! (thanks to Alli) (Actually Andrew brought her into the family so I should thank him) (I meant the picture)
I have been truly blessed with great cousins who are great examples for me in living a great life despite the trials that come upon us!
Christmas 2008
(Picture courtesy of Alli, thanks Alli, you're the best!)

8 comments:

Jacqui said...

Who brings a date (that's not a fiance) to a family Christmas party? I think that's fun that you get together with all those cousins. Why don't we do something like that?

Robin Fisher said...

WHAT, NO GUNS!?!?! How was it a family reunion without guns? I am so confused;)

Angie said...

That cousins bowl is awesome. And I really like your hair. It's longer and straighter than I remember. Looks cute.

A. said...

I love the pictures! (thanks to Alli)

Talena said...

I love reading your posts! You have an awesome family, I love the pictures. Families are wonderful blessings!

Talena said...

Can I get your address so I can mail you a Christmas card?

A. said...

I spent some time adding it up and grandma is at 34 (counting Haley's, and not counting if anyone else is pregnant!)

Brenny said...

What a fun party. I thought the same thing as Jacqui -- Who brings a date to a reunion who isn't a fiance? And then I remembered that I'd been someones date to a reunion...

And I didn't marry him.

Oh well. The cousin party really seems like fun. I wish we were closer to do something like that. I'll talk to Jacqui and we'll start arranging for a time to travel and have a party!