Friday, December 5, 2008

Laughing!

I love to laugh! I did a lot of it last week! I laughed with the Rollins family on Thanksgiving! I laughed as I watched my boys play football with Nate and Paul who were joking about how they hoped the boys appreciated the fact they were playing football with them because it might indeed kill them! (They survived. I started to worry.)
I laughed at dinner about how I am in 0 family pictures for 2008 (except the wedding and funeral). The reason this was funny is because I took pictures with no less than 4 cameras on Thanksgiving day and I was only in one picture that Nate took on his cell phone so I would stop complaining. Of course after I saw the picture he took I decided that I was ok with the fact I am in 0 pictures!
I laughed when I went to visit Grandma and Grandpa after dinner. I laughed at Tricia accidently telling Grandma Carter "Happy Birthday" when it was actually my Grandma Rencher's birthday. I laughed at B. Rad and his faux pas of mocking braided belts when Tricia's new husband was wearing one at the time! I laugh even as I type that I call B. Rad, B. Rad because he has threatened to kill me if he can google his name and my blog shows up! I also laughed because B. Rad was complaining about how Mom used to dress him in short shorts with athletic socks pulled up to his thighs. Mom informed him that he started dressing himself at a very early age and so she was not be blamed. That very day I had Joe all dressed and he insisted on putting another shirt over the top of the other. The shirt did not match. I am sure I will be mocked for it when he is B. Rads age!
I laughed at Alli informing us all that she was not responsible for my cousin, Canessa's husband Bart's happiness. It sounds very odd now but it was really funny then. Especially the deep crimson shade that she turned!
I laughed when we took all the kids + Adam bowling and Alex got the first strike! I chuckled when Adam complained about the weight of the ball and kept asking for a lighter ball.
Laughing is great! Do you ever laugh so hard and long that you start to cry? It happens. I have figured out that both of my families laugh a lot about past memories. It happened once a long time ago. That is why we do things like take those punks bowling. They might laugh about it someday.
I am very thankful for laughter and for those who laugh with me!

9 comments:

Angie said...

Sounds like a really good day. That kid with the long tube socks is definitely good for a laugh!

cait said...

you are hilarious...and you make me laugh every time I see you! can't wait to see you tomorrow.

Jacqui said...

Kelli, you're one of my favorite people to laugh with because you're so dang funny and witty and your laugh is so contagious.

And tell B.rad that I like his knee socks. It's back in.

Brenny said...

I so agree with Jacqui -- you are a great one to laugh with. Family is great about that. I SO want to hear Alli's story.

Do you call B. Rad that because of "Malibu's Most Wanted"? They call me B. Renda at work because of that movie...

Brenny said...

And the braided belt predicament was great and very cringe worthy as I can totally see myself doing that.

And Joe's shirts match because they are both stripped -- what does color matter. :) Such a cute boy!

Sheri said...

I love hearing you laugh and miss it too! We had some good one's!!

Unknown said...

Kelli thats why I love to hang out with you... we are laughing all the time! You are hillarious! I don't know how you come up with the stuff you do!

A. said...

I'm glad I'm there for a laugh. I only turned red because you never know how our family is going to take something!

Tiffany said...

You have an incredible laugh! I can recall it from memory right now and it's making me smile.