Friday, May 2, 2008

More People I Love!

Wow, I am still not caught up with birthdays! I have one more March and two Aprils and it is May! Good grief. This is why goals are bad.
Jason, my brother-in-law and Debbie's husband. Jason is the newest in-law in the Rollins family since he married Debbie about 8 years ago, I think. That makes it just about time to add another one. Anyway, I digress. I love Jason because he is patient, helpful, brave and loyal. I remember one of my first memories of Jason is right after we bought this house and we were having a work day. He came with Deb and volunteered to change all the locks. I was impressed that he would just jump in and help. He continues to be a hard worker who puts many hours in at his job. He also puts up with a lot of crap from the Rollins clan being the only male in-law thus the patience. Despite the pain that some of the family members can give him I personally am glad he is in the family.

Grandma Carter. My 1st grader was singing a song about how he wishes every kid could have a grandma like you. I truly feel that way about my Grandma. Grandma's in the fairy tales should be happy, smart, kind, good cooks, have cool toys, be an escape from "mean" parents and think only the best of their grandkids. Grandma was and still is this for me. I love how she loves her grandchildren. I love how she always tries to feed everyone who walks in her door. I love her love for family history. I love how she is still studying and learning and gospel. I love how she is willing to learn new things. I love how she is still my moms mom and she worries about her and bosses her around. It makes me happy to know that a mom's love goes on and on. She is my Fairy Tale Grandma and I love her!

Andrew. My little brother. I love Andrew. I love his laugh. It is one of those those full body laughs that make you want to laugh too. I love his hugs. I love his soft, sensitive heart. I love how he cries at sad movies. I love how he is always willing to serve those around him. I love what a cute dad he is with his kids. He is loyal and reliable which sounds really boring but I appreciate it immensely. I can always, always count on Andrew. I love that he doesn't know how to swear properly. I love that he gets passionate about the gospel. He is patient and generous. I love Andrew and am so glad he was born!

3 comments:

Brenny said...

What nice things you said for the birthdays. Happy Birthday Jason, Grandma Carter, and Andrew!

And when I first looked at the picture of Jason, I totally thought it was of Prince William. I don't know Jason -- does he look like Prince William or is it just the angle of this pic? Is it just me? Probably. :)

N8 said...

You know a very different Andrew than I do.

Jacqui said...

Ya, Happy Birthday, Andrew!