Tuesday, May 6, 2008

I Surrender!

I give in! or up! or out! Whichever direction I need to go. I have been sick for an entire month and I am done!
  • First I got this weird flu. I call it flu part 1. I got a high fever, chills and horrible body aches. It lasted about 4 days.

  • Second I got a stuffy nose, sore throat, pressure in my head thing. I call it head cold. It lasted for about 1 week.

  • Third I got what I call walking pnemonia. I only diagnose it this way because I could still walk but I couldn't breath! It turned into a horrible, HORRIBLE cough. I have had this cough for 2 going on 3 weeks now. I can actually hear gurgling in my lungs! Gross but interesting. It kind of sounds like pop rocks in your chest!

  • Then I finally got flu part 2 this week. This was symptomized by the more normal, disgusting and obvious signs of the illness. I won't go into too many details. Suffice it to say I actually considered taking my pillow into the bathroom to sleep in between "episodes". Lucky for me that has only been going on for 2 days.

Finally Mom insisted that I get a blessing which Dave and Andrew were nice enough to do! So nice to have worthy priesthood holders around! I am already feeling better just wiped out!
Here is the list of medicines/suggestions that have been recommended for me to try:

Tylenol PM, Immodium, Pepto Bismal, Claritin, Mucinex, Benadryl, Advil, Airborne, Diet Coke (apparently it helps Aunt Tricia when her head hurts), Get an antibiotic and a more powerful decongestant from your Doctor! Gargle with salt water, Use Vicks on your throat and chest, Use the vaporizer, Get an air filter, SLEEP.

Anything you would like to add?

7 comments:

N8 said...

You don't need anything, just let it go and see what happens

Jacqui said...

Well, no. Your list seems pretty complete. So what DID the doctor say it was? That's a long time to be fighting off so much yuck!

Brenny said...

Nyquil? Was that on the list? I hope you feel better soon! And like Jacqui, I'm curious what the doctor said...

Oh, and I totally agree with Trisha -- well, not specifically about Diet Coke, because I personally don't like cola, but caffine TOTALLY helps with headaches. You know, if you don't have anything else to take. Sounds like you had some options...

A. said...

I like the toilet paper dispenser, although I've found that TP is totally useless when you have serious mucus. :) See you soon.

Anonymous said...

Kelli that sounds just like what my girlie had-- mycoplasma pnuemonia aka walking pneuomonia. She had to take antiobiotics to kick it.

Kelli said...

Holy cow that would be funny if I really had it! My problem is I have no doctor. I probably should get checked since this cough is going on 5 weeks!

Moose Spot said...

Kelli-Did you know there are two books that follow The Giver? The next two are: Gathering Blue & The Messenger. I still need to read them myself, but we had a huge discussion in our book club as to whether or not the characters lived at the end of The Giver or just suffered hypothermia and imagined the whole thing...thought you would want to know. Jenn's friend Jen ;)