Friday, April 25, 2008

People I love!

In all that has been going on I have forgotten my goal of telling people why I love them for their birthdays! I will catch up! Here are the first couple.My sweet mother-in-law Cathy! I love her because she is always so willing to sacrifice all she has for other people. She serves all of her family above and beyond what is required. She is always looking for ideas of how to keep the family close and build family traditions. She is the mother of 5 boys and we all know that that makes her a saint (especially when you know her 5 boys!) She is generous, kind, patient and a wonderful example of how to love unconditionally! I am so grateful that she is my mother-in-law. I hear horror stories of other mother-in-laws and I am always able to say I love mine! I am truly lucky to have her in my life. She is also a terrific grandma! My boys love going to her house and eating all of her Oreos!

Brittney is my darling, wonderful and thoughtful sister-in-law. There are many reasons that I love Brit. The first and most selfish is because she splits the teasing of Nate and Paul so it is not all focused on me alone! I miss her terribly when she isn't at the family get togethers. Other reasons to love Brittney are... She is always cheerful. (I know the picture doesn't show that but blame that on my picture taking skills not her!) She is kind and considerate. She is always willing to help others and her emails, phone calls and visits are so thoughtful. She is a fantastic wife and mom. We all like Mark better after Brittney. She is always full of great ideas on family life and it is fun to talk to her about family experiences. I am so, so glad that she is in my family. She is a great sister and friend.

5 comments:

Brenny said...

My mother-in-law is a Cathy with 5 boys, too! That is just crazy.

Anyway, Happy birthday to Cathy and Brittany!

N8 said...

Man, I really come off as a jerk in this thing

Kelli said...

Nate, What are you talking about. I don't even mention you by name!

N8 said...

So when you mention Nate and Paul that's some kind of code? I think most people will be able to crack it.

Kelli said...

Oh yeah, I just knew that I didn't mention you by name in the 5 sons part!