Monday, April 14, 2008

Shortest Spring Ever!

It was in the high 70's today and it felt great. I was actually thinking of doing some yard work. Then I listened to the radio. It may SNOW tomorrow. Welcome Winter. Again. I tell you I really do love having 4 seasons but Spring is always a gyp.

I hope everyone had a great weekend. I did. Eventually...

See I got the flu on Wednesday. It wasn't what I usually think of when I get the flu it was just the chills and aches. Multiplied by about ...let's say... a million. I was so cold that I had 4-5 layers on and was wrapped in a blanket laying in bed under 3 others blankets and was shaking violently! It would have been funny except my body hurt. My skin hurt to be in it. It was so horrible! I was laying in bed crying and begging Dave to come get snuggle and get me warm only to yell at him when he did because 1) he was way too cold (sure sign I am sick since I know Dave is a furnace (not a gas one!!)) and 2.) it hurt when he touched me! Fun times for the both of us. Felt better Thursday morning. Went shopping with Mom in the afternnon. Started feeling chilled. Went to Haley's parents to record the Tricia/Brandon song for the wedding luncheon wrapped in blankets with a couple of jackets on! Felt better on Saturday Night!

Tricia's Carter Family Shower: Fun to see Carter Cousins. Fun to hear the Tricia/Brandon story rehashed. (It's a good one). Fun to hear horror Honeymoon stories. (I may share some later!) Yummy food! (Thanks to the Aunts!) Meeting Kaile, Cambria's fiance. Good laughter. Some tears (it's ok remember). Grandma's shocking dirty old men comments! Much laughter.

Sunday: The Renchers & their teaching tears! Dave and I did dinner for Mom and later that evening Tricia/Brandon and Andrew/Jenn came over to chat and play. We were laughing because after talking we found out that 4 of us taught lessons that day and all 4 of us cried a bit. The topics were difficult.

  • I had to teach the YW about The Blessings of the Priesthood in the Home. thanks.
  • Andrew taught on Enos being taught from his father in Gospel Doctrine.

  • Brad had to talk to the YM on the Resurrection and

  • Mom (this is the obscure one) talked on the Allegory of the Olive Tree (WHAT?) They were talking about the fruit that righteous branches will bear and how that would relate to them (the young single adults) Anyway they discussed that righteous children could be a fruit of righteous living... Mom.... righteous children... tears.
It was a stellar day for the Rencher Teachers!

Another great part of the day was laughing with Andrew & Jenn about the Office and how awkward it was. I felt awkward watching it. I don't particularly love feeling awkward but there were some good lines.

Pam: I don't care what they say about me. I just want to eat. Which I realize is a lot to ask for. At a dinner party.

  • Pam: What a cute bench. Michael: Thanks, that's my bed. Jan has, uh, some space issues so I crawl up on that puppy. Jim: Really? 'Cause it seems pretty narrow...and short. Michael: It's actually a lot bigger than it seems. Look at this. Jan: See? He fits perfectly.

  • Jim: Michael and Jan seem to be playing their own separate game, and it's called, "Let's See How Uncomfortable We Can Make Our Guests." And they're both winning. So I am going to make a run for it.

I have to tell you one of my new favorite shows that is actually clean enough to recommend to Mom is Eli Stone. Tough lawyer... hallucinations (many musical in nature) ... doctor/brother tells him brain aneurysm.... don't tell anyone... Acupuncturist/spiritual advisor calls them visions... fiance... outspoken assistant doesn't like her... boss is fiance's dad... new cute lawyer believes in him...I like it!

1 comment:

Brenny said...

I'm glad you are feeling better! The shower sounded like fun, and I haven't heard the Trisha/Brandon story yet.

I laughed so hard at the Office quotes. Okay, the episode wasn't that disappointing, it is just funnier to watch with Darren, which got missed last week. I haven't checked out Eli Stone, yet, but I'll try it!