Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Completely Random.

I have officially received the 2 comments that my blog is boring and I am lazy so it must be time for a new post.

I was thinking about a famous family story about one of my brothers. This brother came home from work one night and found his cute young wife who had been at home all day with 3 young kids ready for some adult conversation.

So he listened for a minute and realized that she hadn't paused long enough for him to comment yet. He decided that it would be "fun" to see how long she would talk without him actually saying a word. If memory serves (and it often doesn't these days) I think he let her go on for about 15 minutes. Then he told her about his experiment. She reacted.

Needless to say it is now a famous family story. Even she laughs about it now. She is a good sport.

I have entire random conversations inside my head. My husband often wonders why I can't come to bed until I am beyond tired. I have tried to go to bed earlier but I lay there and toss and turn. Dave will ask what is wrong and I always have the same problem.

My mind won't stop.

One night I decided to share this phenomenon with Dave. (You are welcome, Love.)

I gave him a running commentary.

Is that a light on downstairs? I wonder if Aaron turned off his light. I hope he did his reading. I really need to find a good series for him. Jenn suggested a good one. It is her birthday this week. I gotta call her. Remember when she forgot to call me. So funny. Of all people. I can't believe she and Nate text about the Office and Glee every Friday. I want to get the sheet music for "Don't Stop Believin" I miss singing. Shoot I missed choir practice again. Julie is going to think I am a huge flake. I feel so bad her kids were so sick. I wish I could have helped. Did you know Jonathan only had 9 kids in his class one day this week? Josh can never miss a day of 8th grade again. That was a nightmare! Did I have that much homework when I was in High School? I was really lucky to have such a great high school experience. I hope Josh has some good friends in High School. We need a bigger house. Thanks for getting the brakes fixed. How much did you charge? I need to work for Sandra this week. I need to get the order out and update Sandy's website. Did I put that invoice in the mail? I am mailing Christmas cards this year. We have family pictures on Saturday. We need some new coordinating outfits. How are we going to get the kids to cooperate? We should have got all of them a haircut. I wish I had lost 80 lbs instead of just 30. Exercise would help. It was fun to go with Mom to lunch on Friday. I wish you liked fish. You need to take the boys fishing with Mitch. I think there is a Merit Badge for fishing. I wonder who they will put in as scoutmaster? I love my young women. I wish the boys were old enough for some of them. I hope my daughter-in-laws won't hate me! I need to update my blog. Tricia told me I was boring. Did I get her for Christmas? No wait I got Alli. We need to make our list. Alex said he wanted a cell phone. Shoot, I forgot to call about Visiting Teaching. Mine are coming tomorrow. I need to clean up the living room. Did the boys put their backpacks away? Their companions are going to hate me! No matter how many times I remind them they "forget". Do you think Aaron turned off his light? I'm going to check.

It all makes perfect sense. I just wish I could find the off switch.

14 comments:

Brenny said...

Holy multi-tasking brain Batman! I mean, I think of twenty things at once, but you take it to Olympic event levels.

I totally have my guess as to which brother did the experiment...

Stephanie said...

I am so glad to know there is someone else out there like me. I

I swear as soon as I start getting ready for bed my brain goes into overload. Maybe we should seek therapy together or if you find a solution, let me know.

The Coolest Allen Family said...

It is nice to not feel alone any more. I just thought I was crazy....well maybe I still am. :)

Julie said...

LOLOLOLOL! I have the exact same problem! And I feel very special for being featured in your brain, even if you did miss choir again! ;)

Jacqui said...

Ya, I have my guesses as to whom it was, too.

I don't think I can compare. I lay in bed and worry, but I usually stay on one topic.

Kelly, you make me laugh!

Todd and Melissa said...

There's got to be a better word for this besides random. Crazy? No, that's not it . . . :)

Tiffany said...

So funny. And you could never be boring!

N8 said...

Just because I like to call you on the details, I believe that your brother only had 2 kids at the time of that experiment. (the 3rd child was born on July 27th 2007, I stopped working with that brother on Aug 10 2007, and I'm pretty sure that it didn't happen in that time frame) I do like how you tried to keep it anonymous even though only two of your brothers have 3 kids, and I think most people, who have met your sisters-in-law, could guess which one is more likely to be able to talk non-stop for 15 minutes. I suppose he could have done it more than once, or another brother stole the idea and did it himself. (but that's really more of a, the brother with one kid, kind of thing, or so I'm told)

As far as not being able to believe that Jenn and I email each other every Friday about Glee:

1st, it shouldn't be that hard to believe that Jenn will talk to anyone, about anything.

2nd, it started off as just talking about The Office, (which started at PPS with Andrew, but he doesn't read emails apparently) we only started talking about Glee because we think the writers stole a joke from one of her blog posts.

3rd, at this point is pretty much required, I missed once and there was HTP, and since I've seen Jenn draw blood from a loved one with a fork, I am terrified at what she would do to me.

Angie said...

There's help for that you know - drugs.

Erik said...

Kelli, you bust me up. My brain does the same thing, only with fiction and not real life stuff.

Sheri said...

That sounds like my nights to a T! I can never get it to shut off unless of course I need it!!

Caroline said...

Amazing that it ever does turn off. IF that's everything you thought of, you are much nicer than most of us. I would have had a few complaints and pet peeves in there too.

Caroline said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hansen Highlights said...

I can turn it off at night, but that is like my head all day long! No wonder I don't get anything done all day. I worry about it too much to do anything :) I loved reading it as a stream of consciousness. I miss you,

Kathy