Monday, October 19, 2009

Dear Fadil #2

Who is FADIL?
She is my Future Adorable Daughter in Law!
This is a continuation of the letter that I will be writing for the next 12-22 years.

Dear Fadil,

I was wondering if you could possible get this letter to your mother. I would greatly appreciate it. Especially since you may not even be born yet. Thanks. MIL

Dear MOB (Mother of the Bride),

Thanks for taking the time to read this. I know you are busy educating your beautiful daughter but I wondered since we are going to be sharing grandkids if we could just open up a dialogue.

First of all please know that you have my eternal gratitude for raising my beloved DIL. We will love and adore her!

So my request for the month is this....

Please dress your daughter modestly. From day one. If you could possibly dress her with long sleeves and long pants all the time that would be great. I am trying to bring back the whole "ankles are never to be seen" and also introduce the new "elbows are too tantalizing" fashion scene.

Ok that may be extreme but if you could stick to the no strapless, spaghetti strap, backless, short, skanky, bikini, midriff, skin showing clothes. Please. Don't blame the fashion of the day. Don't tell me you can't find a modest prom dress. Just do it. You will never regret it.

You see I am trying to teach your future son-in-law to respect women and to think clean thoughts. If you could make it a bit easier on him that would be great. If this is too much of a challenge for you then please know that I will be forced to tell my son that either you or your daughter is a lady of the night.

WHAT? I am so just kidding. Kind of.

So that is all I wanted to say for now. Modesty. It can't be that hard. In return I will not get you this hat to wear at my family shower.
Thanks Fadil for letting me chat with your mom! Tune in next week when I have some advice for your cousins! Love you! MIL

6 comments:

Brenny said...

Love it.

Caroline said...

Too funny Kelli. I think I am going to print out your FADIL letters so I can give them to my future DILs as well.

Haley and Mitch said...

I could actually see my mother wearing that hat... not that she or I are ladies of the night :0) Cute post Kelli.

The Coolest Allen Family said...

I have two girls. One is 5 and one is 8. We could match them up now because I feel the very same way you do! They are really cute! Seriously...I wouldn't lie to you. :)

Sheri said...

You should write a book!! Seriously!!

Angie said...

Hi, I just got caught up on your posts and will do a summary comment now: The trip looked great, and the boys are such good looking kids. And I love the letters to your daughter-in-law and her mother. So clever.