Thursday, November 19, 2009

Fashion

Anyone who knows me knows that all the fashion genes in my family went to my other siblings. I am thinking of 2 in particular. Any guesses?

My cousin, Courtney, has always been one of the most fashionable gals around and now I find out that she has been hiding a talent at actual fashion design! I could be angry that somehow her cousin gene also more than likely stripped me of any possibility of being fashionable but I am not angry I am thrilled!
I went and checked out her new blog and found out that her fashion idols are Audrey Hepburn, whom I love and adore, and Jackie Kennedy who was an impeccable dresser. I love how Courtney describes her idea of great design "simple, modest and timeless". Wonderful.

So Courtney was persuaded to enter a contest and her entry made the top 15! So now if you would like you can go and vote for her dress! Just go to Shabby Apple and make a comment and mention #14. If you are anything like me you might get a little sick to your stomach though as you see how many fashionistas there are and realize that you totally got ripped off.

Now if you will excuse me I am going to go get out of my sweats and t-shirt.

4 comments:

Brenny said...

Done -- I voted. The dress is super cute! And I have to tell you, not only did I miss out on the fashion gene, I also got shorted the interior designing gene. Darren has WAY better taste than I do when it come to decorating our house.

Jacqui said...

Hmm. I was in my jammies until almost noon today, only to trade it in for my butter yellow valour sweatsuit. I know. I know. This visual of that on my big pregnant body is almost more than you can take.

Maybe I should visit that website and get some fashion advice.

Haley and Mitch said...

Kelli - you should write a book. You are a great writer. I just posted the same thing on my blog and I just don't have a way with words.

Angie said...

Her's really is the cutest one!