Thursday, May 28, 2009

Ronald Reagan was a Yellow!

Tonight for our young women activity we had great discussion about communication where we had our Laurels take the Color Code test and then had a sister from our ward who is a social worker talk to them about how they could use the knowledge to help them with friends/parents/family. It was a great activity and the girls LOVED it and hopefully went away with some helpful info.
I took this Color Code test back about 20 years ago. I have always loved psychological tests like these and enjoyed helping th girls learn about themselves. If you haven't taken it or heard of it go here to take it.

Here is a brief overview to remind those of you who took it 20 years ago!


My Dad was a Red. I have 2 brothers and one brother-in-law that are Red. Guess which ones? I have a sister-in-law who is a Red. Guess who? Hint: She married the only Rencher male who is not a RED! Reds make me laugh. My son is a Red. I did not laugh when I saw his test results. I cried.

My Mom is a Blue. I think Tricia, Sara, Haley and Brittney are all Blues. I have quite a bit of Blue but only the strengths. None of the limitations. (I didn't post those because I didn't want to insult the RED (they get mad) or the BLUES (they get sad). Dave is a White. Andrew is a white. Most of my brother-in-laws are white. I do love Whites.

I am a yellow. I think I am the only person in my family who is one. Being a yellow being alone like that should make me sad but I'm ok with it for now.

Actually I am officially a Yellow-Blue. This means that I may play all day but I will feel guilty about it later.

Alli is a really heavy combination of Red-Blue where she will do whatever it takes to get the project done. She will claw her way through and move anyone who gets in her way and then she will feel guilty about it. The counselor who spoke to us called Red/Blues schizophrenics! Ha-ha Alli! Who is crazy now?

Mitch I do believe is a Red-Yellow. I don't know that combination as well but I will guess that he won't let anyone get in the way... of his playing! Or maybe he is really great at planning...parties! I crack myself up.

So what about you? What color are you? Your parents? What about your spouse? Anyone have any good advice about dealing with a Red kid. I swear I am in a power struggle with that kid on an hourly basis!

Next personality test.... The 5 Love Languages....

10 comments:

Tiffany said...

I'm a yellow too. Sometimes I feel bad about it. I think I want to be a blue. Or white. Or a little bit of red.

Angie said...

I'm a blue. Well, actually I've taken the test three times, and have gotten white, yellow and blue. Then Marla gave me a little more instruction on how to do it right, and I got blue. I'll just stick with that.

Don't feel bad about being yellow! Everyone loves the fun one in the group.

Jacqui said...

I'm pretty even blue/white combo. I remember taking that test in YW and again feeling unpopular and an outcast because the "cool" girls were in the Yellow group (and were all sitting together). You would have been one of those cool girls, Kelli!

Kim said...

If I remember correctly I was blue/white. Odean is white/blue. Its interesting, because if I were to answer the questions based on how I am NOW it would be very different.

Robin Fisher said...

Hummm, sounds like I need to take that test. 5 Love languages is great. I thought 5 love languages of Children was awesome and really helpful.
PS could you send me Haley's email. I had some email problems and LOST all of my emails.

A. said...

I'm a therapist not crazy. I'm assuming I'll get some nice comments from your white brother in laws.

Talena said...

Oh, I love "The 5 Love Languages", can't wait to read your response to that test! I am 'words of affirmation', my husband is 'quality time'. After 19 yrs. of marriage we just figured that out, mmmmm....

Brenny said...

I'm a white/blue, too. In high school when I took this test I was a straight blue.

Darren is a red -- does that surprise you? I hate fighting with him because he has to be right and can come up with facts, etc, very easily. Grrrrr!

Todd and Melissa said...

Well, it says I'm a blue but that I have a lot of the other "colors" in me as well. Interesting . . .

Caroline said...

I remember when we did the tests at Mare's house. I think that I came out half red half blue. Does that make me purple?