Wednesday, May 6, 2009

If only I had known!

I have some advice for all you single gals out there. Before you marry some man you should really get to know him. Now I know you think that you will get to know him by spending more time with him but in reality you should spend time with... his brothers. Then you will be exposed not to the "I-am-really-trying-hard-to-woo-you" boyfriend but also to the harsh reality of the men of the family!

Case in point (and in this case the only case because I only have one husband).

My brother-in-laws. I have a whole slew of them. If I had only taken a break from hanging out in la-la land with Dave and spent more time with them I would have known more before I was married. (Don't get me wrong. I would have married him no matter what because he is actually a champion among men!) But. I just would have known a few things for certain.

"Things I Would Have Known About Dave by Hanging With His Brothers"

  • Rollins Boys are PICKY eaters (Nate only ate Cheerios, Pizza and rolls before his mission)
  • Rollins Boys are shy (None of them would speak to me until I was actually in the family, except Mark)
  • Rollins Boys are opinionated (Mark tried to convince me that the landing on the moon was a hoax)
  • Rollins Boys are STUBBORN (Bryan refused to hold Aaron when he was a baby. I haven't tried with the following 3)
  • Rollins Boys like to play games (This would have really been a disappointment because Dave is the only one not to get this gene!)
  • Rollins Boys have great singing voices (Except Dave. He just needs some training, right Mom?)
  • Rollins Boys are extremely loyal (They will always have my back. Although I would prefer not to know what they are doing behind it!)
  • Rollins Boys are extremely stubborn. (Paul and I talked about relationships for 2 hours without him saying 1 helpful comment)
  • Rollins Boys like the Simpsons (I hate it)
  • Rollins Boys like science fiction/fantasy books/stuff. (I read Enders Game because it was a goal that I had to read 1 book from all the areas in the store while at Deseret Book and that was the one that Blake thought I would be ok with reading.)
  • Rollins boys consider shorts in winter normal.
  • Rollins boys are overly stubborn. (Mark will argue any point even if he figures out he was wrong just because he will never admit he was wrong)
  • Rollins boys can be sensitive although they would rather die than admit it and will mock each other relentlessly for it.

  • Rollins boys are big teases.
  • Rollins boys wink in the cutest way. (Although Bryan has never winked as far as I know!)
  • Rollins boys have great memories. (Nate is actually the only one with a fantastic memory now that I know them better, Mark forgot his anniversary. really.)
  • Rollins boys are all flirts. (You would never guess it but it is true!)
  • Rollins boys are very generous with those they love. Or so I hear from those they love.
  • Rollins boys are funny. Or so they think.
  • Did I mention they are stubborn? Here is Paul when I asked him to hold Joe-Joe. He said no way. So I just put the baby on him and he still refused to hold him and told me he would not be responsible if Joe rolled off.

Stubborn. It is the Rollins boy theme.

And I should know. I am now living with 6 of them.

They have learned from the best. And I love them all!

10 comments:

Jacqui said...

So what exactly did one of them do that was stubborn that warrented this stubborn post? :)

Brenny said...

I love it. You make me laugh! So many comments I could make, but I'll refrain. I will say that even though I don't know these guys (other than Dave), I could see myself hanging out with them. THey seem cool.

And I'm going to do a little research of my own and see what I could have learned by getting to know Darren's brothers before we got married. Love it.

And Ender's game is about the only Sci-fi/fantasy book I've read, too. Well, that and the Lord of the Rings...

And how can Dave not like games? How did that happen?

Brenny said...

And I was finally able to see the Joe Joe post -- too cute!

N8 said...

Yeah, we are an awesome bunch.


Subtle insult alert for Alli, since you and Mark have the same personality anything she says about him...

Angie said...

So funny.

I cannot believe that Nate got away with eating only Cheerios, pizza and rolls. He wouldn't have survived one day with my dad.

Anonymous said...

We talked for two hours and I said nothing helpful. Are you sure that I am the stubborn one in this example?

A. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
A. said...

There are a few areas in which Mark and I differ...I am perfect.

Unknown said...

Kelli I don't think that you made yourself clear... are the Rollin's boys stubborn?

Anonymous said...

Alli, your God and I think differently.(Psalms 37:37)