Monday, April 27, 2009

Joe Joe!

Happy Birthday Joe! Then
and
Now! Joe Joe turned 3! Therefore I must tell you why I love him. Because I knew you were wondering. I love Joe because he is such a peculiar child. For one thing he is the only one of my children who likes to get his picture taken. I love Joe because he is overflowing with life. Everything is very dramatic. Even the act of raising his eyebrows must be done with great enthusiasm. I love Joe because he loves everyone around him. He feels for them. If they are sad he is sad. For a little kid he feels things very deeply. Heck, for that matter, he feels things deeper than some adults. I love Joe because he makes me laugh. He makes lots of people laugh. One of my favorite moments is when he climbed up on his Uncle Nate and put his elbows on Nate's chest rested his head in his hands and very dramatically asked Nate if he wanted to ride in his car. A silly question but I guess the picture will be forever imprinted in my mind. At that point in time nothing was more important than asking his uncle to go for a ride in the car. The best part was that Nate couldn't help but laugh also. I miss these curls...
But I still have these eyes and this smile!Joe loves to play with the boys. He loves them all and asks about each one every morning to make sure they are where they should be! He sings "I love Aaron. He Loves Me, Happy Family!" and he will go through everyone in the family and I mean everyone. Including Hope and Walter. Hope and Walter are dogs. And they are not our dogs. Joseph loves cars more than anything in the world...
Except for maybe his blanket. Joe-Joe loves his blanket. The one with the fuzzies.
I love how affectionate Joe still is to everyone. He will come up with his blanket (the one with the fuzzies) and ask for a snuggle. He loves to give kisses and has a fun game he plays with his dad because his dad won't kiss on the lips. His favorite kind of hugs are Joe Sandwich hugs where Dave and I squish him between us. I love Joe because even when he pouts it is funny. He does it exactly as he should. Arms folded, lower lip extended, partially hidden. He does it well.
I love my Joe. He loves me. Happy family indeed!

7 comments:

Haley and Mitch said...

WE LOVE JOE JOE!! I think Ben needs to hang out with him more so that Joe's good nature rubs off on my little guy. Happy Birthday Joe!

Talena said...

What a wonderful tribute to your boy, is he the youngest? Through your writing I can tell that you love your kids so much, that is awesome!

Tricia said...

I love that boy!!

cbleeflang said...

Wow, time goes bt fast! I remember coming out to visit you guys after you got home from the hospital, was that really 3 years ago? Geeze

Angie said...

Happy Birthday Joe! What a very sweet boy.

Todd and Melissa said...

Happy Birthday Joe Joe! We think you're the cutest! :)

Brenny said...

Finally! I kept seeing on my blog that the Joe Joe post was up, but I couldn't see it on your blog. Love the pictures. Happy late Birthday Joe Joe!