Sunday, April 19, 2009

Chunky Challenge!

UPDATED: SEE BELOW

So a few weeks ago my brother B. Rad told the family he had a business proposition for us. For those of you not familiar with B. Rad this may sound strange but B. Rad often comes up with some crazy schemes. For a while there we only saw B. Rad a couple of times of year but inevitably he would always ask for ideas on a family business. B. Rad likes business.

The proposition was this... We all had to make a goal of how much weight we wanted to lose in the next 4 months. We added up the total (190) and agreed if we all make our goal then we will go on a cruise together. B. Rad also offered a monetary incentive per pound to put towards the price of the cruise. Nice B. Rad. As soon as Mitch heard about the deal he drank a gallon of water to up his weight. He lost 2 pounds in the first few minutes of the challenge. Some people chose a very low goal so they could for sure lose it. I am starting to think that was a good move.So we all weighed in on Mom's scale which has become the official Chunky Challenge scale. Thank goodness you can turn the talking feature off (yes folks it will tell you your weight out loud for all to hear). I don't know what sadistic person designed that feature but they should be stoned with Weight Watchers Snack Cakes (carrot cake flavor to be specific)!

Here is the scale after I weighed in!

Anyhow. There were some rules.
1. Tricia can only lose up to 5 pounds then it starts to count against her.
2. Haley can't lose anymore because she just had Ben and looks better than a recently pregnant/nursing mother should BUT Ben has to GAIN at least 8 pounds. He even had to weigh in!
3. If we don't make the 190 goal no monetary donations and no cruise.

Of course the B. Rad's business plan had some immediate flaws. First, this was done the Sunday before SPRING BREAK/Vacation and the week before Easter (which should be read as the week before Reese's Peanut Butter Eggs.)So there it is people. We are on the Chunky Challenge! On second thought I am going to rename it Lose for the Cruise.

PS The real reason I am doing this is that B. Rad promised that if we make our goal he will wear a speedo and take a lap around the deck and we can take pictures AND I can post it here! I may have to go private for that or there may be some inappropriate content complaints.

Updated: Alli told me she had posted some pic's so I am adding a few.
I forgot one of the funniest things of the night was Andrew. Andrew got really got caught up in the moment and he asked Brad if he could go home and fast and pray about his goal. Here he is pondering. The other funny thing was that Dave and I refused to look at the scale. Here I am hiding the total from Dave! Such fun. I think.

5 comments:

A. said...

Kelli--I just posted some pictures on smugmug you need to see of the night of the big proposal. Pretty funny. Go Team!

Tiffany said...

I love your family!

Brenny said...

That is great. I know you guys can do it, especially since all your fans are waiting to see those speedo pictures. Love it!

Jacqui said...

That is awesome! Can I come on your cruise too, if I lose weight?

Angie said...

What a good idea. Working together will help alot, and especially with an incentive like a cruise. I have to wonder, though, if seeing your brother in a speedo won't be a deterent...?

Good luck!