Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter!

Hello all! I feel the need to reassure you that there will be a future blog with many family vacation pics but I really was excited to share with you how I celebrated Easter this year in a new and very unique way!
As you know Easter is a time of renewal.

I felt spiritually renewed and rejuvenated after conference. My favorite talk was this one by Elder Holland!

I felt emotionally refreshed after taking our quick trip to Goblin Valley/Little Wild Horse Canyon/Nine Mile Canyon.
I felt physically comforted after feeling the sunshine while on said trip.

But the thing that made my Easter very unique and different was... I IRONED. For those of you who don't exactly understand what this means (like my children) I looked it up... "the act of pressing clothes or other fabrics to remove wrinkles"

Yes folks, for Easter this year I ironed. And not pillowcases or handkerchiefs mind you but Sunday Shirts. Five of them. A big thanks to Mom for lessons 15 years ago so that this day was possible. My children gathered around in amazement because the last time I ironed this was what I used.
Change is possible. Let this stand as a demonstration of that fact.

6 comments:

Brenny said...

What kind of new fangled contraption is that? How, exactly does it work? Will I need to take a class?

Actually, I bet everyone looked wonderful on Easter -- ironed shirts are so nice, not that my husband would know. I'll iron if he asks, but I always point out that he ironed on his mission and can do it as well as, if not better than, me.

Angie said...

Good job! How interesting that we both picked up an iron for the first time in years within the same week.

Glad you had a good trip, the two pictures you've posted are great.

Jacqui said...

Do your boys generally iron their own shirts? Even little Joe?

Kelli said...

Jacqui, you are indeed a kind soul! I am the queen of the water prayer and flatten the wrinkles with the hand method of ironing! Also we try to make them change the moment they walk in the door so that I don't have to wash the shirts very often!

Unknown said...

I don't think I have even unpacked the iron since we moved! I just make sure I buy wrinkle free shirts. :)

Haley and Mitch said...

I'm with Alyssa - wrinkle free is the way to go. I was a good wife for about a month (I tried to keep all of Mitch's shirts ironed every time I washed them). I quit that - Mitch just has to look wrinkled unless he irons himself.