Thursday, April 23, 2009

Dad's Legacy

DISCLAIMER: I am not really as full of myself as I may sound here. I was honestly trying to get both of the "Tan Ones" to comment. Goal Achieved!

My dad had many good traits some of which he passed on to his children. I like to think I got all of his good traits (and none of the bad or crazy traits). That is just the way I roll. Positive thinker and all.

But. There is one I totally got ripped off on inheriting. His skin. Dad had beautiful olive toned skin. It made for a healthy tan year round and he never really got sun-burned. Ever. Two of my siblings got this skin. The rest of us did not.


I used to try every summer to get a little color but this is what would happen. On the other hand here is what the Dad skin coloring does. Sometimes I would be willing to trade some of my other inherited traits for a good tan. Of course my far superior sense of humor would be hard to give up just for a good tan. And apparently in my family you either get the skin or the humor.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Whatever Kelli, I have seen you at the end of summer after sitting at all of your boys games and you get way tan!

Anonymous said...

You're are high-larious...

Brenny said...

Funny, I burn, too, but I've always blamed my Rencher side... I'm embracing my pasteyness and slathering on the sun screen. Who's with me!

Haley and Mitch said...

Kelli - I'm with you. So far it seems that Ben has Mitch's (or your dad's) skin and I thank the heavens! For example - today I walked to the law school and like an idiot, I didn't put on sun screen. Well as you can guess, I now look like a lobster.

Mitch said...

How great it is to inherit the skin, the sense of humor, the good looks, the brains, the spirituality, the humility, the athleticism, and the work ethic... I guess that's just how I roll.

Angie said...

Kelli, you look great even if you never have a tan in your life. But, I do understand wanting one. I'm determined to get some sun this summer. Determined!

Jacqui said...

So are you saying that the tanners didn't get the humor? Can I guess who? just joking...

Sheri said...

Sooo glad you got the humor!! I need a few sunproof friends like me!!