Sunday, May 10, 2009

The Wisdom of Mom

Here is the summation of Mom's Rules to Live By:
1. Pray
2. Read your scriptures.
3. Go to the Temple.
4. Listen to the Spirit.
5. Eat healthy.
6. Exercise.
7. Serve others.
8. Love your children.
9. Read to your children.
10. Be humble.
11. Only say it if it passes all the gates ... Is True, Is Kind and Is Necessary.
12. You have a choice.
13. You have the spirit you can decide.
14. Remember.
15. You would do a great job at (fill in the blank)... If you were only trained.
16. Eat dinner together.
17. What did you learn at church today?
18. Don't run faster than you have strength.
19. Yellow and Orange will someday make a come back...
20. Heavenly Father loves you.
21. Jesus loves you.
22. I love you.
I wasn't blessed with a lot of wealth or a lot of things. I was given a wonderful mother. I have indeed been richly blessed. I love you Mom!

10 comments:

Sheri said...

What a great post! I think you have an awesome mother too! Way to continue the legacy!!

Brenny said...

Great post. I love your mom! I need to remember the three things before I speak...

I hope you had a good Mother's Day.

Brenny said...

Oh, and I'm waiting for Jacqui to proclaim, "Yellow and orange WILL make a comeback!" :)

Tricia said...

Ditto- to that. We do have the most wonderful mom. I love her too!

Jacqui said...

Thanks, Brenny, for beating me to the punch.

I agree. I love your mom. She's so wonderful.

Angie said...

Very nice. I love the true, kind, necessary rule on saying something. So smart.

Haley and Mitch said...

Who doesn't love Cherie. She must be one of the most righteous women on this earth. We better get her to sin a little or she'll be translated.

A. said...

Yep--Mom's very wise. And if I'm not mistaken yellow and organge have made a comeback (maybe not in carpet)!

cbleeflang said...

Kelli,
I always love your blogs! What a nice tribute. The world would be a better place if everyone listened to Aunt Cherie.

Teacher Preacher said...

Kelli dearest,

Way to make my day and my week and my life better! The way you do this is not only that you write very creative and fun blogs but that you have dedicated your life to being a wonderful mother to five darling boys. They are growing up walking in the ways of the Lord mostly because of you and your unending, hard-working, intelligent and inspired mothering. All of my grandchildren are blessed with loving and caring mothers who know what is most important. I am so blessed and especially because I know that as a result of the Atonement of Jesus Christ this mothering blessing will be for all eternity.
Love you Mom