Friday, November 21, 2008

I hope you have a kid just like you someday!... didn't work on me!

Notice the halo. Tricia didn't have one. Hhmmm.

So maybe my mom never actually said to me "I hope you have a kid just like you someday" but I wish she would have because in my memory I was almost the easiest kid and teenager ever! I never went against what my parents said (honestly) and I only remember one teenage moment which involved a lot of tears and a cup of water dumped on my head by a normally level-headed matriarch. I am sure there might have been a few more but not that I can remember.

I know I didn't like doing the dishes because I made up a song entitled "I Hate to do the Dishes" to the tune of "I Love to See the Temple". Sometimes I still find myself humming it as I do the dishes. Here are the words. Feel free to sing along.

I hate to do the dishes; I'll finish them someday.

And then maybe my mom; will let me go and play.

For the dishes aren't my favorite things; Not things of joy or beauty.

As a child of Mom I've learned one thing; The dishes are my duty.

Of course with these hams for examples what do I expect!

I have a tweenager. That perfectly delightful age of 12 where my little boy who loved me so now tells me on a weekly basis that he wishes he had a different family or that I love all my other boys more than him. (not true except for a brief moment right after he says that!) I am at a loss some days as to what to do with him. Maybe I should tell him to put his feelings to music.

8 comments:

N8 said...

Josh will say the same thing about himself when he is old like you. I'm sure you upset your parents plenty.

Brenny said...

You could tell him you love him the most right at that moment because he's acting like a girl, and you've always wanted a daughter. That ought to get a good reaction. :) Sorry, that's all I've got.

Wait, is Nathan insinuating that you were not a practically perfect teenager and bashing your age at the same time?

Jacqui said...

Absolutely! Every time he feels neglected, tell him to write a song. He'll be famous. That's what all country songs are about.

Robin Fisher said...

I understand why some animals eat their young.

Kim said...

I second Robin

Talena said...

I have a twelve year old too. My oldest, oh their so much fun! Good luck!

Sheri said...

I do have a kid just like me... no one knows better than me how scared I should be!!! I love the song!! Also glad to hear that someone else is suffering the tweenager... next time I become the worst mom in the world I'll think to myself...'yep, me and Kelli the worst mom's ever!!;)

denice said...

My girls will now be singing your song but they're substituting the words chores for dishes. They hate all jobs, not just dishes. Sydney asked me to write down the words so she can start singing immediately!