Monday, June 16, 2008

Oh they say when you're married in June... (name that musical)

I finally went to the doctor about my many ailments a few weeks back. (I was actually taking Joe in for his 2 year appointment and the peditrician heard me coughing and asked what I had been diagnosed with and I had to sheepishly admit I hadn't been to see anyone yet and she promptly sent me down the hall to see someone.) Turns out a little bronchitis and walking pnemonia won't go away on their own! Anyways, I am feeling a bit more up to snuff (what exactly does that mean?) and my brain is thinking about things again instead of being in a illness induced stupor of thought! Here is something I have been thinking about....

June being wedding month... I have been hearing a lot of funny funny stories about weddings and honeymoons and I wanted to share some and hopefully hear some more.


1) Honeymoon story #1: Couple checks into hotel and in their hurry to get in the room leave the key in the lock only to be terrified a few hours later by the bell boy pounding on the door to tell them to take their key inside.

2) Honeymoon story #2: Couple makes reservation at a darling little bed and breakfast but upon arrival find out that the bathroom is just open into the bedroom. No door just a little curtain separating the unfortunate person with an upset stomach from the room where their beloved is waiting. Good thing they had already said "Yes".

3) Honeymoon story #3: Couple checks into hotel and decides to fill up the bath for a luxurious soak but gets a bit distracted and the tub overflows and they get a call from the front desk that the room below them is getting wet and they spend the entire night with the clean up crews moving the giant fans around trying to dry up the water!


Have you got any funny stories to share?

9 comments:

N8 said...

I know that you are the inspiration of story #2, are you the others as well?

Kelli said...

What? Nothing like any of these things could have happened on my wonderfully romantic and problem free honeymoon.

N8 said...

If you didn't want people to know about that maybe you shouldn't have shared the story 13 years ago, then I wouldn't have had to listen to Dave complain about how many times you sent him out of the room to go get something.

Todd and Melissa said...

I don't know what's more funny, the stories or these comments! Also, bronchitis and pneumonia? Geez!

Tiffany said...

Kelli! Good to find you (via Angie)!

I have a major crush on blogging because I keep running into people I used to know and (still) love!

Kelli said...

Tiffany! What's up? I am so excited to hear from you! Where are you? What are you doing? Do you have a blog that I may visit?

Kelli said...

Brenda,
Oh my stars! Still a fun story regardless of the timing. It made my heart beat really fast in fear!

Haley and Mitch said...

Kelli- I am feeling very left out in this section of your blog. I don't have anything funny to add about our honeymoon because everything went as planned. However, my cousin got in a car accident on the night of their wedding and had to go to the hospital instead of their hotel room... that was crappy.

Robin Fisher said...

Ya, no funny stories to share, but yours were priceless! And I'm not sure I knew that one about Brenny...

and the musical is, of course, 7 Brides for 7 Brothers, a personal favorite.

And this is Jacqui, not Robin, I'm just too lazy to log in as myself.