Wednesday, June 11, 2008

My June Life So Far

What a great month!
This month has been packed with busy, chuck full of swamped, yes, a plethora of time consuming hecticity. (yes, I made that word up. but I like it.) Therefore, to save time we will go straight for the Cliff Notes version.

This exciting month starts out with a continuation of the last 2 months.
Baseball. Double, Triples, Outs, Strike Outs, Aaron hit by pitches 3 times while at bat (talk about flinch factor), Josh hit once while running bases (what are the odds), Jonathan and Conner on a beautiful pitcher to 1st base out and then the darling point-at-your-cousin move right after! Loved that.
Next we move smoothly into a delightful evening of hangin out with the gals (difficult for our heroine who has only boys in her house). These are the gals of Chi Theta Chi (XOX). In review Chi Theta Chi is an LDS sorority at the University of Utah. These fine girls were once officers together and in the 18 years since then have gotten together on a very regular to semi regular to not near enough basis! The evening was wonderful and it was so good to see all of them again. Look at all that 80's hair!
The story moves rapidly into the next chapter which was once again highlighted by a hangin with the gals evening. This time the gaggle of girls were some of the gals from the ward who used to serve in the YW together! Together we single handedly solved all the ward problems in one evening!
Wouldn't it be fun to create your own ward? Shannon Hale could be the YW President. Steve Young could do YM's. Mitt Romney for Stake President! What other suggestions can you think of? Hhhm..
Back to our story.
Not stopping for a moment after the gals nights the weekend had a few fun and amazing events. My Baby, Monkey #1 turned 12! Happy day! He was also ordained as a Deacon by his father, my amazing husband! What a blessing to have in our home 2 priesthood holders! Josh is a spiritual boy who recognizes the Spirit. He is happiest when he is doing anything sports related. He is super fast and really excited about being active. He enjoys reading and school but only after exhausting his body first! He is curious, scatter-brained and an amazing problem solver. He is also a big ham.
A few more baseball games. yada yada yada...
My Baby, Monkey #2 turned 10. Amazing. Aaron is my boy with the sensitive heart. He is amazing with kids and they love to be with him. He is wicked fast and wicked smart. He likes to be with people and make them laugh. He tries hard to make good decisions and he knows what to do when he makes mistakes.
Tonight we talked about the day he was born. He was especially fascinated by the other names we were thinking about naming him. Alex, Andrew, Logan, Adam. I was going to be Laura or Brad if I happened to be a boy. Dad came up with Kelli out of the blue. Weird. Were you going to be named anything else?
Well that wraps up June so far! Stay tuned for the exciting conclusion where... I may get some laundry done, but don't count on it.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Kelli - I was going to be named Ginger... like Mitch's dog!!! But my mom saw this little girl in the park and her mom was calling to her "Haley! Haley!" And thus my name was decided.

Todd and Melissa said...

Love the 80s hair—it totally rocks! :)

krissy said...

Kelli, my friend! I LOVE the xox photo! Boy does that bring back memories! I love all of you gals. What a difference you made in my life. I hope you had a good time. As for what the name game, I was supposed to be named Star Lynn!! Thankfully my Dad said no way! Love ya gal!

Anonymous said...

Kelli - it was fun to see you Saturday! I still love you to death. I'm glad you have a blog. I'll feel like we're keeping in touch - though I'll read a lot more from you then you will from me! Congrats to Josh! My favorite Josh story is one from when he was maybe 4 or 5 and had learned about Joseph's first vision in Primary. He told you that Heavenly Father told Joseph not to go to church. HaHa! Do you remeber that? I'll never forget it.
Take care.
Love,
Angie

Kelli said...

Angie! I loved seeing you too! You should start a blog so I can read about your life. Don't try to tell me your life is boring! You always made work seem much more fun and we know that was boring! Love ya,