Sunday, March 9, 2008

Variety is the Spice....

Random memories for this week!

1) Painting class! I work for an artist, Sandra B. Rast, doing her accounting, invoicing, organizing, helping at her frame shop, and so forth and for Christmas we gave one of our buyers a free art class. Well, Sandra, being the nicest person ever, wanted me to come (am I sure it is because I am so very entertaining). So Wednesday I went to my first art class and I painted an original still life! It was the most amazing experience and I must say I loved it! I am so grateful that Sandy would let me have this experience. Take a look! They kind of even look like flowers! For more real art work check out www.sandra-rast-art.com.












2) Joseph is a climber. Not only fearless but quick. I went downstairs to change the laundry. Mind you not fold the batch just put 1 in the dryer and 1 in the washer. By the time I came upstairs he had climbed up on the counter and emptied about 6 cups of flour all over the kitchen. Notice how fuzzy the camera is? Guess what was on the counter under the flour! His favorite climbing spot is either on top of the microwave or on top of the piano. Punk child.

3) I bought a bra. In and of itself unremarkable and even a bit awkward to mention here. However, the whole family went to dinner on Saturday night and on the way home I had Dave drive through the Gatewall Mall so I could go to Bath and Body (soap on sale. love Kitchen Lemon) and Victoria's Secret. Well the boys heard me mention the word bra and the 3 older ones burst into giggles. So, I go in shoppin and leave Dave in the car with the boys. I finish in record time but when I get back in the car Dave says "Thanks a lot!" I then proceed to hear the story of how as soon as I leave that they start asking Dave what a bra is really all about. What is it for? After attempting to explain support and such they start asking why we don't wear them on our bottoms! I thought I was very lucky to miss out on such a informative conversation!

5 comments:

Jacqui said...

That is a beautiful painting! I hope you put it on your wall at home.

And the bra story is great. What a great car-load of boys you have!

Anonymous said...

Kelli you are so great. I love your painting and your bra story. Sorry to hear about your family's struggle with your Dad's health, but it is nice to hear from you even if it is hard news. Lots and lots of love, LJ

Brenny said...

I had to stop from laughing out loud at your stories. Those climbing abilities amaze me, although I'm sure it is a pain. The bra story is CLASSIC! Won't it be fun to bring up in front of girlfriends later on... Of course, if being married to Darren has taught me anything it's that when you have a family full of boys such a story will be told over and over...

The painting is beautiful! Sounds (and looks) like something you should do again.

Thanks for the update on Irvine. We'll keep you guys in our prayers!

Jenn said...

Stop hiding your talents lady! I demand an art show ASAP. Your painting looks fabulous! On the bra front, at least you need one. I just weaned Claire and now I will be looking for "support" at The Children's Place.

Debra said...

Sorry, I just had to make a comment. I know Sandra's daughter Elizabeth and I was certain that she would have started to blog by now. Anyways, I remembered Sandra's name so I found this site by mistake. Your painting is beautiful, by the way. Aren't you glad that you know some great artists like them? I wish I could have taken an art class from her. Lucky..