Monday, September 21, 2009

As the Oldest and Wisest....

I am the oldest of my siblings and apparently turning 40 is a big deal! My sister-in-law, Jenn, put together a great birthday bash for me! She rented a park for goodness sakes. My other sister-in-law made this massive beautiful sign!
She also made this not so cool sign!

As well as this one. They decorated the tables with black balloons and table cloths and black napkins that leave a black stain on your blue shirt if you try to wipe off food that spilled on you which is apparently what happens a lot when you get OLD!
Haley isn't funny. She is a very beautiful, talented and mean girl and I no longer like her.
Here she is feeding Ben. I do like him. Jenn put together a fantastic meal for us all. I do like her and all the good food.
Here she is putting the last touches on one of the games we played. Water Kickball! It was great fun.
Here is how it works. You kick the ball. Run to the "bases" which are swimming pools that you have to jump in and hope that you don't slip and fall in. Then when you get to home plate you slide into home on the slip and slide. Some people don't slide very well apparently and have to crawl on the slip and slide. Not very graceful but still effective if the goal is to get very wet. Very refreshing on a hot summers day. Which this was. My team won this game!
Next we played a cool game where we had to fill up a pole with water. One cupful at a time. Not very difficult sounding. The catch is the pole has holes. So the rest of the team has to plug the holes or the water just spills out. Most used their fingers to plug the holes. Some had more interesting methods. My team lost this game. I blame Mitch. Next we did a water balloon toss where we lined up with a partner and tossed a balloon back and forth until it broke. Mitch and Haley won this one. This game, of course, digressed into a massive water balloon fight... which in turn lead to the uncles just turning the hoses on the kids. The natural result of this turned in to a foot race with uncles because some of the kids are getting pretty hard to catch and squirt with a hose and some uncles had to make sure they were still fastest man in the family. He was. Barely.
It was a delightful party and fun was had by us all. I had my cupcake and turned in early with my Depends! Thanks Jenn for a great day!

8 comments:

Tiffany said...

Happy (belated) birthday to you! That looks like a great party! And the creepy Harley guy was my favorite part!

Brenny said...

What a fun day. Happy Birthday (again)!!

Sheri said...

How fun! Can I be a part of your family?! Congrats on the weight loss!! That is awesome! How did you do it?

Nee said...

Hey girl.
What a great blog. Congrats on everybody's weight loss.I am sad that I didn't get invited to the birthday party. It looks like a riot. Next time somebody has a big one, I want to be included.
Aunt Nee

Dewey and Liz said...

What a wonderful Birthday... even if you are over the hill!! You look great! Happy Birthday!

Haley and Mitch said...

Kelli - you can make 100 signs and buy me a walker and make me wear depends over my cloths when I turn 40 to pay me back. I just had too much fun with you turning 40.

Angie said...

That's awesome! I especially love water kickball. Happy Birthday.

Friendly Geriatric said...

Wow, that is really old. Not sure how you should feel about that...some people might have some real reservations about playing games at such an advanced age. Good for you that you're trying to stay active. Nice to see someone stare old age down and refuse to sit quietly in the rocking chair with an afghan across your lap. Good for you!