Friday, March 13, 2009

Life is Like That.

Do you ever have those days where you and life are in the same rhythm? The momentum of the day moves along with you and life in sync. Right clap left clap. Together. clap.
There is nothing that can give you greater satisfaction than feeling like all is right with the world. Kids up. Clap. Breakfast finished. Clap. Family Prayer. Clap.
Kids off. Clap. Dishes done. clap. House straightened. clap. Do you feel the rhthym?

Make bed. Clap. Laundry changed. Clap. Scriptures read. Clap. Lesson read. Clap. Bills paid. Clap. Honestly there has never been a greater partnership than life and I!

Work done. Clap. Read blogs. Clap. Lunch. Clap. Alex to Kindergarten. Clap. Joe down for nap. Clap. The day moves along at a pleasant pace.
Until about 4.

The pace begins to pick up. See how intense life starts to look! Kids home. clap. Together again. Clap. Snacks. clap. Backpacks everywhere. clap. Deliver Jonathan to Scouts. clap. Take Aaron to Gymnastics. Clap. Homework started. clap. Practicing started. clap. Joe awake. clap. Together. clap. Phone rings. Clap. Pick up Josh. Clap. Crap. or no I meant clap. Wait.

Wait. Life what are you doing? Aren't we on Reading Time? Clap. Dave home. Clap. Tears about too hard math. Clap. Dinner started. Clap. Wait something feels off. Where is Aaron? clap. Go get Aaron. Clap. Clap. We aren't in sync. Life is off. WHAT HAPPENED TO Right! Clap. Dinner is burning. clap. If that phone rings one more time... Clap. Stop teasing your brother! Clap. You would be done with your homework by now... Clap. That is not practicing. Clap. Together. Clap. You have WHAT due WHEN? Clap. Wait. we are totally off here. Life slow down! We should be on Together! Ow! You just missed my hand! Wait. Stop. Can we just start over?

10 comments:

Tiffany said...

Story. Of. My. Life.

(I really, really love this post!)

Talena said...

Girl-you put a smile on my face! Your blog entry was all too familiar! I just registered for BYU women's conference, I was wondering if you were going, I would love to see you if you are?

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

my blog buddy Tiff shared this one with me. I love this post. clap. I so relate. clap. I love the visual too. clap.

Happy Blogging! clap. :)

Jacqui said...

Really, Kelli, is there an end to your humor and creativity? You brighten my day with your commentary on your (and your boys')antics. I hope I'm a good mom like you when I grow up.

PS my mom called and said that Uncle H is back in the hospital, but she didn't have much info to give. Have you heard anything on that side of the Rockies?

krissy said...

Kelli!! Did you read my mind? I feel like the best mom/homemaker in the world until 3:45pm and then it all falls apart! By bedtime it is a disaster and I am the meanest mom in the world!(I was told this just last night!)This helped me realize that I am not alone! Love you and miss you!

Kim said...

Thank you. I, too, needed to be reminded that I am not alone. I actually start feeling anxiety about 5 minutes before the kids get off the bus. I find myself asking the question, "Am I up for this today?"

Clarks said...

LOVE this post! however I feel like my day goes - Kids up. Clap. Diapers changed. crap/clap. breakfast. Cl...."MOM"...stop fight..Cla...finnish breakfast..C.."MOM"... save Abbi from Kaitlyn.. Cla..finnish breakfast..."MOM" take remote away from Cameron. cl.. finnish breakfast Clap. Oh wait it's lunch time. crap. I can't wait to clap beacuse that means I will have completed something from start to finnish. Thanks for the great post it gives me hope that one day I will clap - although 4:00 sounds scary!

Robin Fisher said...

Yeah, I am so there. Now we are in the middle of spring break--there is no clapping :)
But I am trying this freezer meal thing and it seems to be working great. Less hassle between the hours of 4-8.

Brenny said...

That is so my life and I don't even have kids I have to run around! You make me laugh and the pictures were awesome. I feel like I've missed so much. I have some older posts to read...

Anonymous said...

Hello! Can we change this post already...