Saturday, November 24, 2007

Give Thanks!

Dad is home! He came home today. He is off the oxygen and is eating on his own! I went over to see him and he was in his chair, watching a game and looking great! I got tears in my eyes it was so natural! We are all going to get together tonight to celebrate!

We are so grateful for the blessing of having him make it through the surgery and recovery. I have felt so blessed that we get to have him around for another season!

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. I know I did! I cooked the TURKEY this year for the 1st time. Thanks to my chef/accountant brother-in-law, Paul, I did a great job. It was a great dinner and we all wrote down that we were grateful for this year. It has been another wonderful year.

I said that I was grateful for times spent with family. I love all my many families and am always happy to be around them. We took a delightful vacation (with some) and have had a few game nights, girls night out, movie nights, birthday celebrations and family fasts.

It is amazing how through this time with Dad I have experienced the feeling of "having their hears knit together with unity and love, one towards another" towards all of you. I love the feeling of working toward a common goal and I was thinking how I really should feel that all the time. We all are (hopefully) working toward a common goal of being together for the eternities. No matter where we live, how much we earn, how often we meet or even what team we cheer for we are supposed to have our hearts knit together. What a wonderful time to practice for the next life. I am grateful that I have you all! Love you!

4 comments:

Jacqui said...

I'm so glad to hear that he's home. I bet that he's so glad to be out of the hospital.

Alli said you were going out for a girls' night--I'm so jealous! I bet you had a great time.

Brenny said...

I'm glad he is home and taking those two steps forward, instead of back! Good to hear you had a great thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on a successful first- Turkey day chef! I'm soooo glad your dad is doing better and is home now. I've joined the world of blogging now also, Although I don't get a chance to update it as frequently as Jacqui and Brenda. Love ya! Cory

Anonymous said...

I hope your Dad is grateful the U let the Y win just for him. (how else do you explain it)