Wednesday, July 1, 2009

It happens...

So the other day I was delivering invitations for a baby shower for one of my favorite people! I handed the invite to one girl in my neighborhood and this is how the conversation went.
Katie: "These are cute. Who made them?"
Me:"Me"
Katie: "No really. Who made them?"
this went on for a minute until I convinced her that I did indeed make them. The conversation ended with...
Katie: "Wow. I had no idea you could do anything so cutesy. With all your boys and all..."
So I am declaring that yes I did grow up thinking of myself as a Tomboy and I did prefer boys and I married a boy/man and I have 5 boys but I like crafts and scrapbooking as much as the next tomboyish girl out there.

Here is proof. In just the last month I made the aforementioned invites for my friend's shower. Cute eh?
Also for Father's Day I stole this idea from Bakerella and made this "Happy Father's Day Happy Meal" So cute. Made out of a brownie, yellow cupcake, colored frosting and sugar cookie strips for the french fries. Darling... but useless for my dieting husband and diabetic father-in-law. My Grandpa loved his however! Thank heavens for Grandpa.

So there. I create. I bake. I scrap. I cutesify!

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Kelli I am so impressed!! You can do more than just walk around with a clipboard!! :)

Sheri said...

So funny! If it makes you feel better, I always knew you had it in you!! At least you didn't have to spend 5 min. convincing someone that no, you really weren't pregnant!! True story!!

denice said...

I was gone for most of June and missed Bakerella's happy meal. I just saw it the other day. How long did it take? So Cute! What a crafty woman you are! (have you tried the cupcake bites? yummy!)

The Condies said...

Good work Kelli...the invitations are awesome and so is that Bakerella happy meal idea. Who would have thought you could make french fries and a hamburger sweet? I never thought about having them for dessert!

Haley and Mitch said...

Kelli - I think it is funny people don't know how crafty and artistic you are. You are probably one of the most creative people I have ever met. And way cute father's day meal! I have never seen anything so cute. I love it!

Brenny said...

That is the COOLEST Father's Day happy meal ever. Those cookie fries are calling my name.

And I have to say, I'm not surprised you are crafty. I think women are all about finding ways to create, and with 5 boys there HAS to be an outlet.

It was great to see you this weekend -- I feel like we were running around so much we didn't get to chat much. I hope you guys had a nice rest of the evening.

Angie said...

All very cute. I knew you had it in you.

By the way - that hamburger thing looks like it could put someone in a sugar coma! But you'd die happy.

Jackie said...

Kelli, I believe in you lady! I stared at the hamburger and fries for a long time before I read what it was, I couldn't figure it out. Very cool! Email me if you want to get invited to the, by invitation only, blog of Jack and Seth. Because we are so top secret. Jackie.atkisson@gmail.com

cbleeflang said...

You are great. I loved the hamburger and fries.

The Condies said...

Thanks so much Kelli. They found out actually because her husband had a large cyst on the back of his brain a couple of years ago and had to have brain surgery. His symptoms were migraines/headaches. When Kimberly started to complain of headaches and they turned into migraines, Cari decided to take her to the eye doc. He said it might be pressure on the optic nerve and ordered an MRI. She had the MRI monday morning and they called them to the hospital monday afternoon and sent them immediatedely to Primary Childrens. She will have surgery Thursday. But they said it's the size of a golf ball and if she doesn't get it out immediately it could burst at any time and kill her. Plus, there's always still the possibility that it's cancerous. So I guess we'll see. I'll keep you posted on the blog.

Tiffany said...

I am impressed, but NOT surprised. I am in love with your invitations and the Bakerella Father's Day spread. OH MY!