Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Get ready, Get set...

What a week this is going to be! We are busy trying to get ready for our family trip to California. So much to do! We are a bit worried about our trip for a few reasons.
  • California is burning! Sea World and the San Diego Wild Animal Park are closed because of air quality and actual fires in the park! We are hoping that the winds will die down, the fires will be controlled and the air will clear up in the next few days!
  • Dad is having his surgery on Halloween day! Wouldn't you know that they would schedule it right during our vacation! If we weren't all pre-paid and a bit financially committed it would be easy to stay home. The doctors have told us they have never lost anyone on the table before and that he will be so doped up and out of it in ICU for a few days that he wouldn't know if we were there or not. I am still worried as we have heard that this surgery is horrible and the recovery every bit as bad! Mom says that his insides will be totally changed and reorganized.
  • Mom will be alone. This is a tough one. How can we leave her to deal with this alone.? I was even tempted to call Alli and tell her we will all chip in on a flight to get her home. Still might do that. (Forget the fact Alli has a life of her own) I have talked to Grandma and she said that she will be there for her. I hope Mom will even stay at Grandma's for a few days! We may have to do a few more things to make sure she is ok while we are gone.

We are excited for the trip and it will be a great time if we can get ready by Friday. Jonathan is especially excited to celebrate his birthday in California. I haven't had the heart to tell him most of that day will be spent in the car driving through deserts! He did have a nice Rollins party on Sunday and a Rencher party the week before. Grandma Carter even got his birthday card in the mail in time! Such a generous family we have.

I have been thinking a lot about how blessed I am to have such a wonderful family! I have in-laws whom I adore and are always willing to help me! I have extended family who are such a support and grandparents who are absolutely amazing. My siblings (both ROLLINS and RENCHER, IN-LAWS, OUT-LAWS, BLOOD, MUD-BLOOD etc.) are my best friends! I love each of them with all my heart. They make me laugh and share in any good cry, they are my support and my lifeline. They keep me humble and lift me up! My parents are my foundation. They are constant and steadfast. I love my family!

2 comments:

Jacqui said...

How fun you're going to Cali! Be safe and avoid the fires!

Thanks for the update on Irv. We'll continue to keep him in our prayers.

Brenny said...

Have fun in California!