Saturday, August 25, 2007

Thirty-eight is Great!

Well folks today is the most important day in August. It is the day we celebrate the birth of ME! That's right 38 today. I realized that I already thought I was 38 and thought this year was 39! What a great thing to find out I am going to be 38 for another year.
So for my birthday I sent Dave up to the Homestead with 2 of the boys. So that means I am sports chauffeur extraordinaire today. So fall is officially starting here at our house. We had...
  • football weigh in at 7:30,
  • Soccer practice at 9:00,
  • Soccer game at 11:00,
  • Football pictures at 1:00,
  • Football scrimmage at 2:00,
  • 2nd Football scrimmage at 3:00.
My favorite part of fall sports is getting the schedules and writing all the stuff down on the calendar (in their color coordinated pens of course!) Alex-purple, Jonathan-green, Aaron-red, Josh-blue, Family-black, YW and EQ- orange! My calendar looks so festive and it causes a mild case of hysteria when I see that we need to be 3 different places at the exact same time! Colorful Calendars are exciting!!

Oh, I also have a new color this fall.... Pink! Pink is for PTA! I went down to the school to meet and chat with the new principal and in the course of the conversation she asked me to be the PTA President! I was very firm (you would be proud) and said NO! That was a month ago. Since then I kept feeling guilty that we had no PTA! So one night in order to make myself feel better I said to myself..... Well if Cheryl (former president, Ward friend) would be my co-president, I would do it! STUPID! STUPID! STUPID! Literally 2 days later I get a phone call.... "Kelli, this is Cheryl. If I do this with you would you be the PTA President?" So Pink is for PTA. Enough said. Though one positive point is I told my little sister, Tricia, that since I was the President then she had to be on my executive committee. Membership Vice-President. HA-HA That made me happy.

I feel that I must share with you a few highlights of the wisdom that I have learned in the last 38 years! This of course is a very small representation of the vast amount of knowledge that I have accumulated in my short life span.
  • Using big words in a sentence makes you sound really smart
  • But only if you spell them right!
  • Mom was right. Dishes are easier to do if you do them right after you eat!
  • Dad was right. Making lists is a good way to remember everything when you go camping.
  • Grandma Carter was right. Kissing is fun.
  • Parents and Grandparents are smarter than I thought.
  • Siblings are cooler to play with when you get older.
  • Boys are smelly and messy and adorable. They do bring me the greatest joys and biggest stress.
  • The church is true.
  • My Dave is the most amazing man alive making me the luckiest woman.
  • Laundry and Families are forever!
  • Anything kids mess up in 10 minutes will take 4 hours to clean up.
  • Laughing can make a lot of tense situations a little better.

I don't want to overwhelm you all at once and have anyone go into brain overload so I will sign off for now. Love you all.

1 comment:

Brenny said...

Happy Birthday! Lucky that you get to be 38 again. I have an aunt (my mom's sister) that was 29 for a long time.

You color code your calendar? Cool. Good luck with the sports and PTA. Man, you are busy. Anyway, hope you had a good birthday!