Monday, October 24, 2011

What does this mean?

I am not exactly sure what to do.  or think.  Today after I got the kids off to school I did dishes and laundry and straightening. I then sat around and watched movies and ate bonbons because that is what Dave thinks I do every day.  (By the way you will be happy to hear they now sell bonbons at Costco.) 

Then I showered, brushed my teeth, did my hair and very carefully applied some makeup. I got dressed in somewhat fashionable clothes.  I did this not only because it is important for hygiene and my mental health but I had a meeting with at the Jr. High with the counselor. 
 Today was a very important day for Aaron because today at the ripe old age of 13 we proceeded to plan out his entire life including high school, college and future career.  I didn't want you to be in suspense for the next 15 years so I thought I would just announce it now.  He is going to be a Dentist,   Or a Sports Trainer. Or an Investigator. Maybe.   
I would like to tell you that I went into this interview having discussed with him before all of his desires, talents and interests thoroughly.  But I didn't.  I just tried to get there on time, be in the right place and be presentable.  I just needed them to know that I am a "concerned, loving and stable" parent.  I thought that was sufficient even for this very important occasion.  

When I got home I was shocked to see that I failed to even meet those simple goals. 
This was what I had on.
ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!  
Don't even ask about the next 3 THREE places I went.  I am not ready to talk about it.    

So I must ask.
Does this mean that my next step is to go out with curlers in my hair and wearing a house dress.
Do they even make house dresses anymore?
What is a house dress?
Do I wear a kerchief over the curlers or just go?
Should I just prearrange that my skirt is tucked up in my pantyhose?
Blouse inside out or right side in?

These are the fashion decisions that I must ponder.

PS I think I will blame my counselor in 8th grade.  She should have seen this coming. She should have prepared me better.

15 comments:

Susan said...

Kelli, you crack me up! That is the funniest thing ever. Thanks for brightening up my day!

cbleeflang said...

So funny! I didn't see that coming. I'm still giggling.

Erik said...

lol, Kelli, I'd like to tell you that it doesn't matter because nobody looks at shoes, but that isn't true. I can't go anywhere in my Vibrams that people don't ask me about them.

Especially if you had to ride in an elevator, people noticed.

But that's ok because everyone loves you :)

Angie said...

Oh Kelli.
I think you can buy housedresses at KMart or Sears. They have a round neck, no shape, just snap up the front. Actually, they look comfortable.

PS- I've gone to the office with two different shoes on. You are not alone.

Jacqui said...

House dresses are like Mumus. I think our Moms' generation has the corner on mumus. Maybe Cherie knows where to buy one.

Didn't the shoes feel differently? I laughed my shoes right off at that one!

N8 said...

Was that one of the stages?

Wendy said...

Hey...don't go knocking muumuus!! hahaha My sister bought me a caftan in the middle east somewhere and my boys call it my 'Arab Muumuu'. :D I call it my 'Sunday after church attire'. :D

Taylor D. said...

ahhh hhhaha! KELL! I'm sorry, I shouldn't laugh, but I just see you doing this! Gosh I love you! And I miss you. And I want to see you sometime soon!!

Jenn said...

Hi-larious!!!! I love you Kelli. On the bright side you could have gone to Wal-mart and fit right in. :)

Todd and Melissa said...

Sooooo funny! I'm glad we have you around to keep us entertained. :)

Peter said...

Simple answer if asked to explain: You are doing market research for Hush Puppies (or whatever one of the shoes is branded) and it would fly in the face of your scientific methods to compare Hush Puppies against Brand X in a separate daily rigor. Thus, one of each shoe, experiencing the same thing throughout the day gives you the best chance of making an accurate comparison. Perfect. (Great story Kelli!)

Haley and Mitch said...

I love you, Kelli! That post cracked me up.

Sara said...

So funny! I worked all day the other day with mis-matched shoes and didn't realize until I was putting them away the next morning. Mine were both black, at least, and I am pregnant so I blamed it on the pregnancy brain! :) Everyone at work swears they didn't notice when I asked them about it so maybe no one noticed yours!

Sheri said...

Hahaha! That made me seriously laugh out loud!! I went to work in my slippers once, not realizing I had them on! But yours wins!! :)

Nee said...

So funny, Kel. Uncle Cam used to always ask me where the bonbons were that I supposedly sat home and ate while watching soaps. Glad to know where to buy them now.
Loves,
Aunt Nee