Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Report Card


I don't know about you but I check my boys grades almost every day.

Today I checked them and one of my kids had 3 F's! I literally almost cried. It turns out that by the time he got home they had gone back up! Anywho. Not the point.

The point is during those few hours between the discovery and the recovery I was dying. I was ranting to myself about what a great student I was back in the day and how I would have rather died than get an F... And then while showering I had an epiphany. (and no that isn't some strange female problem Nate!). I was thinking about what my grades would be in my life right now. So I have given myself a report card.

  1. Wife B+
  2. Mom B
  3. Housekeeper/Cook/Laundress B
  4. PTA A
  5. Primary Counselor A
  6. Employee C-
  7. Just Me F

I think I need a Parent/Teacher conference to see what
extra credit I can do! Lucky for me my Teacher is very
understanding. So is my Parent for that matter.

I think I will start by apologizing to my son!

6 comments:

Jacqui said...

There is a inverse correlation about how well my children and home are cared for and how well I'm caring for myself. If I am exercising and eating right, my house and children suffer. Likewise if I spend hours on my house and entertaining my children, I am neglecting my own health. So yes, I'd give myself an F, too.

Haley and Mitch said...

Oh Kelli! Motherhood... isn't it great?

Sheri said...

Mine came home with 3 F's that didn't go back up... so be happy!!

Robin Fisher said...

You, know, Mike is in the military, so I have the opportunity to see a WHOLE range of moms and parenting skills. I know I don't always make A's, but I know I am not getting F's. Be kind to yourself. Thankfully, God grades on a curve :)
But,on a side note, I totally agree with Jacqui. Total inverse relationship. Balance is so hard!

denice said...

What is that F doing on your just me column? 2 quotes from gals EAT:
"Save your own day" (which I'm sure you do every day) and "I don't know what I'm doing that makes me so great!" Do we need to dance some more?

Marilee said...

Maybe you have to drop a class to get the other grades up. But you are an A+ friend.