Wednesday, March 17, 2010

VOAL #4 That night.

So the vacation posts are taking me soooo long that I decided to break them up into parts of days and post a wee bit faster. If you don't like the new system please feel free to leave a comment on Tricia's blog. When she starts one. www.bestlegsever.blogspot.com (just kidding don't go there! I don't know what you might really find!)

We had a beautiful, amazing and long day in Samana and after we got back and showered and watched the sunset and had dinner and such we went and hung out on our favorite deck at the back of the boat. So beautiful to look back at the ocean with all it's color even in the dark.

But not as beautiful as Alli in her Christmas Gift from me! She looked so hot! Especially when she started into her pole dancing routine! I know! Totally disturbing but equally as hilarious. The scary thing really was that she did a good job at her pole dancing. Who knew? FYI. She is going to keep the gloves because they are so classy! This is how B. Rad spent his day. If case you didn't know, B. Rad is interested in Personal Electronics. Is says so right on his resume. That is resume talk for he likes his phone. Well he had a fancy schmancy satellite phone that he carried with him whenever we were close to land. Which makes no sense because the satellites aren't on the land. I tried to explain that but he doesn't listen to me because it does not mention Personal Electronics on my resume.
I think at this moment he looked up and saw a bright star and determined that the star was in all actuality a satellite. (remember not Universal Electronics but onlyPersonal). So he whipped out his phone and aimed it at the satellite. We should have got him a Statue of Liberty costume.
One of the highlights of the cruise for most of our group was the soft serve ice cream that you could get 24/7. I think that is about how many each person consumed. 247. I had 0. Dave told me that it was a waste of money to even bring me! Apparently having soft serve ice cream at any given moment is a dream come true for some. Who knew? This is Dave. He got his money's worth on this cruise. Not necessarily from the ice cream but he was exploring and playing every second of the day. When we got back from Samana I was exhausted and told him I was going to rest for a minute. He proceeded to tell me that he was going on a Walkabout. Yep. A walkabout. Well this particular night he was gone for too long and was late to our dinner and I started to worry about him. My family was telling me he was just fine but I worried anyway. I even went to the Bliss Lounge to see if he had decided to practice for his next performance. I went to our room, the library, the pool and anywhere else he might have gone. Finally he turned up and I proceeded to question him and I told him I was worried. He thought that was a bit silly since I knew he was on the boat somewhere. This is where I made my mistake. I mentioned that he could have fallen overboard. I even actually looked for the little rescue ring just so I knew where it was in case I spotted him. Floating in the dark. 20 minutes after he had "fallen in". Needless to say I got mocked. Dave asked me if I really had such little faith in his walking skills that I thought he could actually trip and somehow fall up 4 feet and over the edge of the deck. He spent the rest of the evening fake falling off the ship. Here he is laughing at me as he pretends to be heaving himself over the edge while I cling to his shirt because, well, it could happen. We had a hilarious time on the deck laughing about our day. Like Dave's horse, and Brandon's shirt and Alli's pole dance and my fear of Dave falling overboard, and B. Rads satellite hunt and Mitch and good ole Davy Crockett.
Tricia and Brandon


Mitch and Haley

B. Rad and Sara
Alli and Mom.
Here is Mitch crying because of all the mocking that was going on!
Actually at about midnight we started to get really tired. Look at these two.
and these two.
Brandon is already asleep.
So is Dave. Yeah so who is ready for a walkabout now? Huh? I could barely get him to our room. What a great day.

5 comments:

Brenny said...

I think the flower in Alli's hair brings the outfit together. I love that you were all having such a great time that you were falling asleep as a group, not wanting to be the ones to break up the fun.

And the whole drowning thing is hilarious.

Jacqui said...

Nah, It's the gloves, for sure.

Kraig got his money's worth on the cruise by the quantity of food he consumed. Worth every penny.

So where was he?

Marilee said...

Sounds like an awesome cruise! Dave has gray hair! It would be OK if he drowned, he is old now.

Marilee said...

Sounds like an awesome cruise! Dave has gray hair! It would be OK if he drowned, he is old now.

Angie said...

I'm with you, people can fall over board. It's not so crazy to be worried. Maybe you should push him overboard just to prove your point.